Neighbors overreacting or do I need my eyes checked?

How many entitled chances do you think you have against a 6,000 lb vehicle plowing down the road at 35 mph with someone screwing with their phone?

It really doesn't matter who has the right of way or what someone is thinking. If you want to be dead, keep acting like someone is always going to move out of your way. It's the same behavior these people have on sidewalks, in stores, etc. They seem to walk STRAIGHT AT ME, while there is room to their right to move over while walking. I ain't moving. I navigate while walking the same as I do while driving, I keep to my lane/space, towards the right. I have had people walk straight at me and shift within 6" of me. I always brace that elbow....
Agreed. It doesn't matter who's right or wrong when you're dead.

Agreed. It doesn't matter who's right or wrong when you're dead.
This is what I told my wife after sitting still on a 50 mph road waiting to turn left … This time Tacoma - next time Mack …
(use better route to get there with a RH turn) …

How long is your street? The speed limit is 30mph(but not posted) on a similar 1/4 mile long winding dead end street my parents live on. But 30mph is way too fast really as there's no sidewalk and no street lights, and there's no need to go that fast as the street is so short. 15 or 20 is plenty around the corners especially at night.
I remember as a kid, we did have one neighbour who was the traffic cop, he would wave the odd person down and explain that speeding wasn't worth the trouble they could have, and no one sped.

The street I’m on is a little under 2 miles from end to end. There’s a few stop signs along the way. Most of it is pretty straight except this portion. A lot of people have been using it as a cut through road to get through the neighborhood these past few years. People doing 40, 50 mph blowing stop signs.

Street Lighting is fairly sparse too. They have that one light right in the middle of the curve then nothing for a few homes once you exit. That’s where they were standing.

Your neighbors are clearly morons. You did nothing wrong. I would NOT apologize.

IF they continue with the stupidity and accusations, I might send them the pictures showing their choice to be nearly invisible, you gave them a wide berth once they were spotted, and that you were not speeding.

Where's the sidewalk? No side walk in your neighborhood?
No sidewalks here. Residential street built in the 50s. Road is narrow enough where if there was a car parked on both sides, right up against the lawn, the road becomes single lane. Most homes are set about 60ft from the curb, adding a sidewalk would be a challenge. Ontop of that - a lot of elevation changes that would require digging to even out.

Your neighbors are clearly morons. You did nothing wrong. I would NOT apologize.

IF they continue with the stupidity and accusations, I might send them the pictures showing their choice to be nearly invisible, you gave them a wide berth once they were spotted, and that you were not speeding.

I would never apologize. Infact I wanted to back up and yell at them for not wearing hi vis or atleast using their phone light to shine at the ground. Just a reminder that they are lucky because someone else might not have seen them.

But I want to keep peace with the people who live a few homes down from me lol

I'd order one of these
1701455257263.jpg

and

1701455317601.jpg

and have Amazon deliver them to their address. 😂

I would never apologize. Infact I wanted to back up and yell at them for not wearing hi vis or atleast using their phone light to shine at the ground. Just a reminder that they are lucky because someone else might not have seen them.

Agreed. Nothing but strife comes from neighbors who are at war. Be sure to save the video as future insurance in case they allow this to live on.

Oh peace is definitely preferable. I think you made the right choice in not antagonizing the morons. I'm just saying be prepared with the video, if they choose to escalate things.

Similar thing happened to me last December. This dude and his kid were on their bicycles in the middle of the dark intersection. The little girl had fallen off her bicycle when I came around the corner. I stopped in time. Dark clothing, dark intersection (LED lighting, you know).

The dude started yelling at me. I don't know what he was saying; I can't hear crap sitting inside the Lexus. I just let him yell, then he approached the passenger side window. He was awfully aggressive with the gestures. I'm not engaging someone who has this much rage. He backed off and I continued to the house.

Next morning there was a real nice gouge in the paint across the top of the trunk lid.

This is pretty chicken crap behavior, IMO. He took the time to seek out where I lived and didn't bother to knock on the door and confront me.

I did file a police report. The Lexus is my wife's car and I don't want her having any trouble with this guy.

I know he must live somewhere in the neighborhood. I still keep a mental BOGO.

I drive pretty fast on highways but slow in neighborhoods. Kids do stupid things and I don't want any guilt on my conscience.
This
Drive gently through residential areas and keep alert for kids on foot, roller blades or bikes.
Lord knows I would not want to hit a child, nor an adult for that matter.

If you like to dress like a ninja and walk in the street in the dark nobody can help you. You may have very good reasons to do so but you must be aware of the risks and you have to be extra careful. I have a reversible jacket that let me adjust my visibility as needed. Walking around like a lighted Christmas tree is silly unless you are walking where you shouldn't be walking in the first place. By the way, the best color for stealth at night is not black but dark grey. Day-Glo zoot suit anyone?

Back