Done with Discount Tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I stopped shopping at every place that has a "I'm never going there/buying that" accusation, there would be no where/nothing to buy or shop. In today's low wage "big box" store system, one needs to be their own self advocate to attempt to get satisfaction. There is no way around it.

Regarding the sales tax stuff. Most states have a "use tax" on the books for many years that makes it the responsibility of the buyer to pay the taxes on the annual tax forms for out of state, non taxed items. Nearly all of us break that law because it is not enforced. Slowly, they are turning the responsibility to the seller. Until then.......we all live in shame for cheating on our taxes.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
If I stopped shopping at every place that has a "I'm never going there/buying that" accusation, there would be no where/nothing to buy or shop. In today's low wage "big box" store system, one needs to be their own self advocate to attempt to get satisfaction. There is no way around it.

Regarding the sales tax stuff. Most states have a "use tax" on the books for many years that makes it the responsibility of the buyer to pay the taxes on the annual tax forms for out of state, non taxed items. Nearly all of us break that law because it is not enforced. Slowly, they are turning the responsibility to the seller. Until then.......we all live in shame for cheating on our taxes.

I did not walk in and picked stuff from the shelf. We had an agreement. I insisted on fresh tires, they said: we can deliver.

The date code peaked my curiousity as regardless of the legitimacy it being a legit customer complaint or not, the response from the DT manager is kind of odd; it almost sounds like he doesn’t know what to do. I would expect a professional explanation and solution even if it’s the manufacturer’s fault...

I asked for sport asked one of the tire shops I tow a lot of cars to about this. The tech told me that this would be odd for Nokian to have a tire that “old but new” in their DC, especially a winter tire. From what he knows, most if not all winter tire stock is gone by February and his guess would be any left overs would be sold in the off season or carry overs for the next season. If they got such a set with those date codes, they would be checking with their warehouse on how they got there and talking with the manufacturer on it they will be OK.

Originally Posted By: KE7JFF
The date code peaked my curiousity as regardless of the legitimacy it being a legit customer complaint or not, the response from the DT manager is kind of odd; it almost sounds like he doesn’t know what to do. I would expect a professional explanation and solution even if it’s the manufacturer’s fault...

I asked for sport asked one of the tire shops I tow a lot of cars to about this. The tech told me that this would be odd for Nokian to have a tire that “old but new” in their DC, especially a winter tire. From what he knows, most if not all winter tire stock is gone by February and his guess would be any left overs would be sold in the off season or carry overs for the next season. If they got such a set with those date codes, they would be checking with their warehouse on how they got there and talking with the manufacturer on it they will be OK.

It could be old because of size that is not that common. But regardless, we had a deal. Too busy to argue with them. I will just make sure no one I know ever buy tires in DT.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I suspect they are quite happy with that.

I bet.

Jar, with all due respect, His money, His criteria not met, His decision.

Also, don't forget, he needs the full winter capabilities when he needs them.
And we have some posters complaining of capabilities going short with time.

P.S. my DT story: I walk in with my tires in my car and a box of donuts. I talk nicely with them (I wanted to know what why my old tires where cracked at 3 years old; this was no "cornering rush"). This got me nothing. I still stayed there for a good amount of time, my tires where not really balanced right and I don't have the time to go back.

Seems UPS decided to give my tires a tour of Illinois. I knew something was amiss when I got a UPS email saying delivery was the next day after the order (1/19/2018). So shipped from Michigan they went to three UPS locations in Illinois before coming back to where they should have been and delivered yesterday.

Then their online $40 rebate didn't work so I had to print it out and fill the form in by hand and actually snail mail it. Oh the humanity......

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Seems UPS decided to give my tires a tour of Illinois. I knew something was amiss when I got a UPS email saying delivery was the next day after the order (1/19/2018). So shipped from Michigan they went to three UPS locations in Illinois before coming back to where they should have been and delivered yesterday.

Then their online $40 rebate didn't work so I had to print it out and fill the form in by hand and actually snail mail it. Oh the humanity......

P.S. at least you got the tires.
I got my tires, but a "nice" neighbor decided to steal 2 ....
[off-topic]
You can reciprocate. And they will like it.
If you are swapped by spam mail, under certain circumstances, one envelope taped right could be made as big as a fridge box... Just think of the possibilities. And it is Post approved.
This was relayed by a BITOG poster couple years ago, based on conversation with a postmaster....
[/off-topic]

Originally Posted By: pandus13

I bet.

P.S. my DT story: I walk in with my tires in my car and a box of donuts. I talk nicely with them (I wanted to know what why my old tires where cracked at 3 years old; this was no "cornering rush"). This got me nothing. I still stayed there for a good amount of time, my tires where not really balanced right and I don't have the time to go back.

He is a customer that will NEVER be satisfied, no matter what. Thus, he is a customer that I suspect DT is happy to wash their hands of.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

I bet.

He is a customer that will NEVER be satisfied, no matter what. Thus, he is a customer that I suspect DT is happy to wash their hands of.

Is not satisfied because I want them to stick to their part of a deal?
Since I have experience in testing vehicles I know how tires work and I know recently there is a trend of "less educated the better," but I kind of having problem with that.
They set up the price, they said they can deliver product under those conditions. Where is the problem?
It seems you are one of those that like to say one thing and underdeliver so you found yourself in all this.
On top of that they never sent $100 rebate (which still makes R2 the most expensive tire in that size, and not quite worth it). Now that I actually remembered I did not get those $100, I will actually make a big deal out of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back