Dollar Shave Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried them and Harry's both...didn't like either of their razors...I'm back to using Mach 3s...

Originally Posted By: E150GT
straight razor here

I've always want to try one, but I don't have the gonads for it...

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Norelco here.

I don't know how anyone can use that thing. Every time I've used one it didn't shave my beard at all, but turned my face into hamburger...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I tried them and Harry's both...didn't like either of their razors...I'm back to using Mach 3s...

Grampi,
How tough is your beard hair?
Also what is your shaving preparation routine.

Also you didn't like the way they (DollarShave and Harry's) handled or the way they cut?

I personally dind't like Harry's when I had to adjust couple thin+tight spots of my goatee.
But the 2 package of Harry's hold me for 1.5 years...But my beard is not necessarily soft fuzz...

Originally Posted By: pandus13

Grampi,
How tough is your beard hair?
Also what is your shaving preparation routine.

Also you didn't like the way they (DollarShave and Harry's) handled or the way they cut?

I personally dind't like Harry's when I had to adjust couple thin+tight spots of my goatee.
But the 2 package of Harry's hold me for 1.5 years...But my beard is not necessarily soft fuzz...

My beard is like nails, and I realize that's why I have such a hard time finding razors I like...Mach 3s work great for me, but I can only get 4 or 5 shaves with one...good thing I only shave once or twice a week or I'd go broke! My only prep is shaving right after I get out of the shower...it softens my beard...

Last edited:
My beard is like nails, and I realize that's why I have such a hard time finding razors I like...Mach 3s work great for me, but I can only get 4 or 5 shaves with one...good thing I only shave once or twice a week or I'd go broke! My only prep is shaving right after I get out of the shower...it softens my beard...

Strange, If I attempt after a shower (long/short/hot/cold) my hair will be too soft and I will work a lot.
Usually i just slap some barbasol shaving foam, brush teeth, than shave with some Target 3-4 blades knock-offs, about every 2 days.

But with your beard hair tough, you are a good candidate for a straight razor.
probably for a double edge razor with good prep and good blades. also with good technique.
Would your wife look at you wrong if you shaved your arms in testing of "angle-of-attack"?

Personally I hated double edge when younger because i always cut myself or had shaving rush after almost every attempt.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

Strange, If I attempt after a shower (long/short/hot/cold) my hair will be too soft and I will work a lot.
Usually i just slap some barbasol shaving foam, brush teeth, than shave with some Target 3-4 blades knock-offs, about every 2 days.

But with your beard hair tough, you are a good candidate for a straight razor.
probably for a double edge razor with good prep and good blades. also with good technique.
Would your wife look at you wrong if you shaved your arms in testing of "angle-of-attack"?

Personally I hated double edge when younger because i always cut myself or had shaving rush after almost every attempt.

I would like to try a straight razor, but I've never had the nads to actually try it. I have a nice DE razor and I was actually into DE shaving for a while, but I find I get just a nice shaves from the Mach 3 and it's much more convenient...

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I'm glad you posted this, Gilette Fusions are over $20 for a 4 pack!
crazy2.gif

I am looking for an alternative, that's just highway robbery.

Try Costco. I get the Edge razor blades from my local Costco, a pack of 17 blades with one handle and it's only $24. Turns out they are identical to the Schick Quattro, as I have a bunch of those handles and these blades fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back