Dollar Shave Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

I forget now what I have. Some sort of triple edge gizmo. I think the blades go dull just sitting there--but I have them around, in case I ever go back to clean shaven. Right now I just use the electric clippers to clean up around the edges of my beard and call it a day. Haven't bought blades in years.

Been using Harry's for a couple years. I only shave once or twice a week so i get at least 2-3 months out of a blade. Especially nice that I can get their blades at Target.

I bought a cheap Rapira DE razor off ebay about 3 years ago after using expensive multi edge razors most of my life.

Wow, I have discovered that shaving can be enjoyable!

I use Arko stick soap and have used various blades. My preferance are Russian Sputniks or the Rapira platinums that came with the razor.

There's no saving money with Dollar Shave Club. If the customer is looking to save money, they are better off buying the razors (Dorco) in bulk via Amazon. I found the quality to be less than Gillette, but, Gillette is a good bit more money. Gillette 8 count of Fusion Proglide (5 blade cartridge) is $31 vs 10 pack (and razor) of Dorco (6 blade cartridge) for $20.

I moved on to a double edge safety razor (bought a quality one for $50) and 100 razor blades ($9) which should last me 2 years.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Just buy Bic two blade throwaways with coupon for less than a buck for twelve.
I am clean shaven and have a heavy enough beard growth that no electric works for me but these things work great for about ten shaves.
Cheap, simple and easy, with no online nonsense required.
I am currently rockin some old Trac II blades I found at a thrift store for .99 for 28 blades.
More than a year's worth of shaves for less than a buck. I have an old Trac II handle from when I was maybe sixteen or so and first had to shave.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Do you have a Market Basket near you? If so their house brand 3 and 6 blade are 100% identical to the Dollar shave clubs and from the same manufacturer (Dorco). $10 gets you the razor with 3 blades and $5 gets you a pack of 5 blades.

The one from Market Basket is the Dorco Pace 6 Plus.

https://www.dorcousa.com/razors-men/

http://www.menshaircutadvice.com/dorco-pace-6-vs-gillette-fusion/

Thanks for this, ordered the Pace Power 6 blade combo set - vibrating handle and nine 6 blade cartridges for $19/shipped.

https://www.dorcousa.com/pace-power-combo-set/

Originally Posted By: expat
I guess it is not quite Off Topic, but how do you guys deal with Nose and Ear hair?

Micro Touch trimmer, rotary trimmer, and tweezers.

if you watch slickdeals they have a dorco coupon code every few weeks.

I've ordered countless mens razor variety packs for virtually nothing.

They are decent quality, I use the six blade razor. I usually get like 5 cartridges and a handle for like 5 dollars or something silly.

As mentioned earlier, DSC uses dorco razors, which I use. If you like them they have a sale a few times a year where if you purchase over X amount you get 40% off, plus free shipping, plus if you get large refills it is cheaper per razor. This is what I do. I buy maybe every 18 months or so and my razor costs are super low.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
I'm a member of the Dollar Shave Club in a way. I get my razors for $1 for a pack of 5 from my local Dollar General.

I'm going to check that out. Never looked there.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I use cheap disposable Bic twin blades. No need for fancy expensive blades.

The downside of those entire ones are they are so wasteful and represent 'Murica. Remind me of replacing entire wiper blades instead of rubber refill.

I use Gillette and they last a long time despite the expense.

I just got 100 Wilkinson double edged blades (20 five packs) delivered from a major online site (no, not Amazon) for $19 and change. Purchased some other necessities, competitively priced with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back