Current Keurig K- pod prices in grocery stores

I generally buy these at clubs but was looking to pick up a box while getting groceries.

Hovering around $1 per K-cup pod??? Some higher than $1 per.....to each their own but that's enough to price me out of these lol.

I get it, you can close your eyes and point at a product that's gone crazy with pricing, but almost $32 for 32 pods...that is what got my attention, and it stayed on the shelf..lol.

If club prices do this it's back to 100% grind and drip.

I believe they have "fill your own" pods which might make it sustainable. I'm content with a cheap traditional walmart 12 cup unit. Our last one lasted for about 4 years before it died, replaced it with another $25 one. We use a reusable wire mesh filter and it gets a vinegar douche every 3 months. It gets hard use between me and the wife WFH every day.

I never understood the k cup thing for Home.
At home we grind our own coffee that we buy direct from Gold Coffee Co in Florida.
Good firm, strong coffee for lack of better words
When a sibling comes over and has coffee here, they add water to their cup 😂

My wife and I drink six brew cups in the morning meaning you pour almost 7 cups of water and come out with six.
Then, six heaping, spoons of beans into the grinder

Last edited:
I use them, as I am the only person in the house that drinks coffee.
They can be purchased much less than $1.00 a pod.
I stock up during sales, and have found that some of the store brands are very good.
Just purchased a box of 12 for $4.25 of my favorite with an additional coupon.
The second box was on sale (without the additional coupon) for $5.

I buy whatever is on sale at Costco. Still it's kinda expensive. I have 1 cup in the morning even though I would love another in the afternoon...

SF Bay

great company and good prices, especially on Ebay/Amazon....their Fog Chaser coffee and Rainforest/Donut Shop are fantastic. The K-cups are also compostable and they partner with sustainable farmers in the regional areas.

Last edited:
I use Gevalia or whatever Aldis has in a small coffee maker, fill it halfway or a bit more and then boil a pot of water and pour some through the grinds. That's how coffee houses and Tim Hortons make better coffee, the heat of the makers is literally boiling or even steaming the grinds...

I only do a couple of cups and the current girl doesn't drink it, so I have a small 5 cuper...

I used to get 80 for $20 from Shaw's (Albertson's) and it was ok. The only cheap thing in the store!

I believe they have "fill your own" pods which might make it sustainable. I'm content with a cheap traditional walmart 12 cup unit. Our last one lasted for about 4 years before it died, replaced it with another $25 one. We use a reusable wire mesh filter and it gets a vinegar douche every 3 months. It gets hard use between me and the wife WFH every day.

These are a great option. I just tried them when visiting my parents as my mom uses them for her decaf. They work great just filling yourself and it takes seconds to do so.

Speaking of Costco, the sale that started today has 120 ct. Kirkland Signature K-Cups for $30. That's 25 cents USD a piece.

And the Costco/Signature “Pacific Bold” is one of the best pods I/we have found. One of the few that doesn’t taste washed-out and weak even in a premium Keurig maker. It’s not gourmet, but it’s on the high end for k-cups. Good advice there.

Another solid option is the Safeway “Signature” (house) brand. The Italian and French roasts are flavorful, and usually run about $27(?) for 80 pods, which is not bad for grocery store prices.

My wife got the K25 Keurig machine for $35 at Walmart on Black Friday last year. She likes Chock Full O Nuts Soho Morning at the moment. I rarely drink hot coffee anymore. Look at the watts, 1520. We have a reusable Keurig made K-cup which is the way to go but she doesn't want to fiddle filling and cleaning it with every cup.

IMG_5700.JPG

We have a Keurig and use the fill em cheater cups. Makes a dam fine cup. I blend up our own fanceeass coffee.

Every so often I'll buy some illy or other cup, good but I swear they all gyp ya on the amount of coffee fill - real light.

Look at other places... Do you have Ollie's stores around you ? What about Menards ?

I use them at home and pay the price for convenience. I generally only drink coffee at home on Sunday and its 2 cups and each is hot and fresh when I am ready for it. The other 6 days I drink my coffee at work and go through enough that we brew pots throughout the day

[QUOTE="I Wouldn't energy drinks be a lot better way to go about that?
[/QUOTE]
Y’all aren’t already combining coffee and Red Bull? I may have a problem…

Back