Dog Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that REALLY [censored] me off are the scum bags that either keep a dog chained up outside,or that keep them in these tiny cages outside.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Pet and kids don't fall far from the character of the keepers. I've always thought that pets reflect the character of their owners just like their kids do. I have seen many instances of this where I haven't missed the mark!

I've never thought about that,but you're 200% correct!

Quote:
We do have a little Schnauzer named Fritz next door who has just about the most annoying bark ever, but my dogs love hearing him, because it means they can go out and play with him///they run the fence line.

My neighbor has a Corgi and he barks non stop until I let my dogs out so I let my female Schnauzer mix and German Shepherd mix out to play.... also run the fence line back and forth.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The one thing that REALLY [censored] me off are the scum bags that either keep a dog chained up outside,or that keep them in these tiny cages outside.

There's a good looking Rot puppy in town that's always chained up. Very sad and he always looks so happy.

Why do morons bring leashed dogs to Lowes and Home Depot? I don't care if your dog is friendly as I am getting sniffed or licked or my three old is.

If the dog does not fit in carriage its too big for store or needs to be left home.

My cat and I have had many a discussion about inconsiderate dog owners and we both agree with the comments expressed here.

I like both, the fuzzy furball cats and the big dogs. Well mostly Boxers that are well behaved.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Why do morons bring leashed dogs to Lowes and Home Depot? I don't care if your dog is friendly as I am getting sniffed or licked or my three old is.

If the dog does not fit in carriage its too big for store or needs to be left home.

Lowe's and HD seem to encourage it...I never take mine because it's just quicker and simpler to leave the big galoots at home.

Our dogs are family members. At night some of them patrol and others sleep in the bed with us. They all have their jobs and although very different they get along.

"Teddy" A 180 pound Tibetan Mastiff, born family protection dog. You don't have to know anything about dogs when you meet Teddy to guess that he's a guard dog. If you want to break into our house you will have to deal with him.

"Puppy" A 100 pound Chow mix of some kind. He's the enforcer of pack rules in the house. He raised Teddy from a brand new puppy.

"Buddy" A 85 pound Black Lab. He's the affectionate one, sleeps in the bed with us and under the desk when I'm working at home. If you need some love, Buddy's the one. Also, he's afraid of the water. He's a rescue dog just like the rest of them and we were told that his previous owner tried to drown him. When we got him he was a basket case and afraid of everything and everyone. It took months to get him out of his shell but he absolutely won't go near the river or lake here and when my wife waters her plants he disappears. And this is a dog with big webbed paws. Some people deserve cruel and unusual punishment.

"Toby" A 50 pound Austrailian Cattle Dog. She handles the rodents and visits the neighbors. Everyone knows Toby. She visits the toddler daycare center with Puppy and Teddy and the kids all love them. There are lots of kisses and hugs exchanged. Toby also visits an old lady that lives down the road. She was abandoned by her family and tells me that Toby is her best friend, that nobody in her family visits her anymore.

"Sadie" A 100 pound Dobie. Very reserved and a proper snob.

"Jackie" A 50 pound Dobie. Very friendly, plays rough, runs like the wind.

"Dolly" A 50 pound coyote, rescued after being hit by a car. Hip did not heal, went through the permit process. Dolly and Toby are best friends. Toby brings her rodents to eat. Dolly prefers gophers because she can dig them out and does not have to chase them.

We have various other animals because I'm a belong to a rescue group.

If you want to break into our home I wish you good luck because you might become an organ donor. If you want to come and visit be prepared to be greeted by several dogs. If you're not comfortable with dogs this is not the place for you.

I think my ACD and APBT own me. They are the reasons I get up and go to work in the morning. I have to make money to buy dog food, pay vet bills, pay for vehicles to drive them around and visit parks, and pay the mortgage on their 1/3 acre toilet. It's worth it.

Moron here. My ACD walks at heel and won't even look at you or your kid unless you approach him. They allow dogs and he likes to get treats.

What drives me crazy is dogs in stores that have food. NO I don't think it's cute that your little buddy is in the shopping cart where my food is going to go. Blame the stores for not having the guts to tell people no.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Moron here. My ACD walks at heel and won't even look at you or your kid unless you approach him. They allow dogs and he likes to get treats.

What drives me crazy is dogs in stores that have food. NO I don't think it's cute that your little buddy is in the shopping cart where my food is going to go. Blame the stores for not having the guts to tell people no.

Food? No big deal. There is a restaurant not far from here called Lost Dog Cafe. They not only have excellent human food, but they let people eat with their dogs on the outdoor patio. Sometimes, there can be as many dogs as people. Now, I wouldn't bring my dogs, because I know that both of them are spoiled basket cases. But that's why I got them - nobody else could deal with them.

Yuck on dogs in food places.

Not sure if illegal in NH or owners simply are smarter not allowing any pets in grocery or restaurants.

Yuck on dogs in food places.

Not sure if illegal in NH or owners simply are smarter not allowing any pets in grocery or restaurants.

There has been a dramatic rise in fake service dogs and their owners demanding they be let into restaurants. The restaurants are afraid of disability lawsuit and let the fake service dog in.

I have 26 acres and am maybe 500 feet from the road. Two of my dogs go out but never to the road. One goes out on a leash and into his pen. He has escaped from his pen, but if I am aware I am out looking for him. Then I do more work on his pen.

You don't like a dog doing a job of keeping people off a property? strange thinking.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Food? No big deal. There is a restaurant not far from here called Lost Dog Cafe. They not only have excellent human food, but they let people eat with their dogs on the outdoor patio. Sometimes, there can be as many dogs as people. Now, I wouldn't bring my dogs, because I know that both of them are spoiled basket cases. But that's why I got them - nobody else could deal with them.

Food stores not restaurants that cater to dogs. Some people feel entitled to bring their obviously not a service dog into stores where they shouldn't be and ride in the cart or walk on a leash. Much as I don't like W/M we go there sometimes. Once we followed a lady in who had a cocker spaniel or similar on a leash, no fake service dog vest, and she walked right by a couple of workers. I asked one she walked by why she was allowed to bring that dog in here and was told they don't know it's not a service dog and aren't allowed to ask. She went right to the grocery section. Whiskey Tango .....

I've got to go with people thinking they need a dog without actually being responsible for it. They don't have time, make excuses for their poor behavior, and for their dogs. I am not tolerant of having my dog behave in ways that are inconvenient for my family or neighbors, but this takes time and practice. Without those, a dog will assert itself. That's how they work.

Every dog my sister owned has had food and barking issues. Guess where the problem lies ? When the dog stays with me, the problems stop. No food stolen off the table, no non stop barking. Shortly after they go home, right back at it.

As an owner of several giant dogs, I get bent watching people let their mini-dogs nip and be aggressive and then call it cute. It isn't appropriate in any size dog, why reward the bad behavior ?

This is why dogs get a bad rap - Humans are the problem. Be responsible.

I find so many irresponsible dog owners about, it drives me nuts. Out at Mueller State Park in Colorado, normally dogs must be kept on leash, in your camp site or you can walk them on the road that goes through campground. This past summer, Colorado Park Service decided to try letting people take their dogs on one of the trails. The rules were clean up after your dog, keep the dog on a leash and don't allow them to chase after the wild life. The experiment was a dismal failure. Dog poop all along the trails, dogs running of leash and chasing wild life. Needless to say, they are back to their previous policy. A few people who can't follow a few simple rules or just have to do things "their way" spoiled it for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back