Does it bug you people taking their dogs shopping in stores?

Yea, and about every modern study that says this, is paid for by the pet industry. Just saying.
Peer reviewed study by the American Heart Association is funded by the pet industry? I doubt it. The medical industrial complex maybe?

Yes, it bothers me. Because most of the dogs I see are not properly trained, and the owner is grossly irresponsible. I'm glad I'm not a grocery store employee who has to clean up the random pile of dog poop.

I grew up on a farm also, as did my wife. Our farms were both in the family so long our great, great grandparents got it via homestead - by taking an ox cart over the prairies until they found a place they liked. So, I don't actually believe you, unless perhaps you grew up on one of those modern industrial farms, because on the family farms I am used to, the family farm dog is pretty much ubiquitous.

There is nothing similar between a cow, sheep or chicken, and a family dog.
Dogs were ubiquitous on our farm too, but they were not allowed inside our house.
I remember growing up we would sneak them inside and we were promptly disciplined for that by the adults.

Yes, we deal with this occasionally with people thinking the only type of service dog is a German Shepard leading a blind person.
Picture below is our trained ($$), registered service dog working on a Chicago Transit bus during vacation.
View attachment 202044
Regarding the rest of this discussion: the history of dog development is available for anyone to study. This discussion supports the idea that everyone is different and has different opinions, values. and ingrained beliefs. It boils down to us humans accepting that and respecting others regardless if it differs than ours. Unfortunately, human nature will NEVER change. Yes, this discussion is mostly about humans, not dogs.
the single most impressive service animal I have seen was a standard poodle (GREAT dogs BTW) and I've seen more than a few bully breeds that are alert dogs for seizures. I also had a co-worker years ago whos son had severe epilepsy and their 100% untrained beagle would alert then rest on his him as he seized. It took a bit for them to figure out the dog was helping and not acting up lol. Since then they were inseparable.

great dogs are made
they take time n effort so you get out what you put in
people generally do not train or raise their dogs to be anything other than a house pet with acceptable (to them) house/yard manners
most with small/toy breeds don't even bother potty training for that matter

people on here putting dogs and livestock on anywhere close to the same level HAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAH!!

k

DgTE2hNVQAAvE1E.jpg

ruq82zp7tug81.jpg

Back