Do you shake your oil containers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about full synthetic oils? I haven't shaken mine and saw nothing
left behind after pouring.

However, as teen I shook the dino oil all the time!

I always shake mine. Recently even after shaking I found dark additives sitting on the bottom, so I poured some oil from another quart bottle, shook it up and poured it in. Gotta make sure the oil spec is correct.
lol.gif

I think this is like buying gas at a high volume place vs a low volume place. You are likely to get fresher fuel and less water.
Buying oil from a high volume retailer would probably mean less possible settling of additives.

Take them to the paint store and have them shaken for just a short time each. Hard to beat a machine who's sole purpose is to shake. I'm not joking.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I think this is like buying gas at a high volume place vs a low volume place. You are likely to get fresher fuel and less water.
Buying oil from a high volume retailer would probably mean less possible settling of additives.

Well..... I think the high dollar oil sits on the shelf longer.

The cheaper stuff has higher turnover rates.

I have oil "stashes" (most of which was less than $2 quart) so i always shake it up because it sits in my shop for many months.

Originally Posted By: Pike51
Just remember... if you shake it more than twice, you're playing with it.

Lol

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Take them to the paint store and have them shaken for just a short time each. Hard to beat a machine who's sole purpose is to shake. I'm not joking.

Now that is a BITOG answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back