Anyone Else "Oil Flush" When Doing an OC?

I heard that if you change your oil when the moon is in the seventh house or when Sagittarius is firing arrows at Uranus it aligns your chakras, and the balance of gravitational poles will draw more contaminants out. Seems totally legit. Feel free to replicate.
Careful. The chakras in Uranus can get irritated if the arrows are not properly disinfected.

I dropped about a half a quart in one of my previous Corvette's to give it a little extra "flush." The only reason I did it was because the car is supposed to be perfectly level to correctly change the oil. I didn't want to spend the extra time and labor to jack up the rear of the car since the front was higher and on ramps. I do not believe it's worth the wasted oil and I would rather just change it a little earlier. No use over thinking this.

Thinking with one's glands.
We need the transparent engine to show the useless path the 'flush oil' will take.

Soooooo....if I say, "Show me oil poured into a transparent {fill in the type of} engine" into a AI program, do I get a video?

....or will my AI program claim I'm its inferior and hold me ransom....payable in Bitcoin?

I wouldn’t bother doing it, but it will get some old oil out…this is an oil site, a site where about 95% of the topics are considered mundane, a waste of time, or “you should have used the search function”, or “if it has the certifications and approvals, you’re overthinking it”.

But some people might consider doing it, I personally won’t because it would be a bit time consuming and wasteful for me, especially when so much oil is left in the various nooks and crannies of a valve train or other spots of an engine. If I’m that concerned with the remnants of oil I’ll probably just do some sort of flush or run a boutique oil through for a good run.

It might be of some benefit with a lawn mower where the drain plug is difficult to get to, or engines that require being turned upside down to change the oil. Flip the mower, allow it to drain, move it around a bit, turn it right side up, pour in some clean oil, slosh it around, and flip to drain again. But hey whatever floats your boat.
Fixed that problem - got a 40V to trim before the new 42” LT - gave away the Briggs walk behind and old 42” LT …

Fixed that problem - got a 40V to trim before the new 42” LT - gave away the Briggs walk behind and old 42” LT …
I like the gas OPE. I've owned houses for well over 40 years now, and I have yet to buy a new mower or snowblower. I'm on my second store bought line trimmer. You'd be amazed at what people toss away.

Fresh oil will basically go straight into pan not 'flushing' much if anything really.
If one wants a meaningful 'flush' then they have to replace old oil with fresh, run engine for a few mins and replace oil again.
Yes, have used this as an example in the “drain all night” - and hot/warm/cold threads …

I like the gas OPE. I've owned houses for well over 40 years now, and I have yet to buy a new mower or snowblower. I'm on my second store bought line trimmer. You'd be amazed at what people toss away.
Oh, sometimes I might be that toss away-er - have to keep things fresh so someone else can easily use it while I’m away …
Now if I’d toss some of this other stuff 😷

Sometimes i feel like bitogers prefer to diy their oil change is to exactly do these things. Nothing wrong with that.

I could imagine the local shops owners face when you ask if they can pour a quart of oil down for cleaning purposes.

Not sure of exactly how to phrase the title, so gave it my best shot! 🤷‍♂️

I have watched some Lake Speed Jr. videos recently and in one video he is changing the oil in his daughter's new Toyota. What surprised me is he did a step in the OC I have never thought about doing.

Before removing the old filter, he took a quart of fresh oil and poured it through to "flush" any old oil and contaminants that may have been hanging out in the bottom of the oil pan that didn't come out in the initial drain. Normally I change my oil when warm as the oil should have the majority of anything foreign caught in suspension (thank you BITOG for teaching me that), but I guess it could be assumed not all of the old oil makes it out, too. So his idea of using a quart of fresh makes sense, too.

I have done this step the last 3 or 4 OC's as I have a small stock of jugs with 1-2qts in them that I won't be using for future OC's, so "flushing" with them doesn't really hurt.

And so really I am just curious how many other BITOGers do this step as well?
Or just your thoughts in general on it?
This mechanic or tv mechanic may not understand that a lot of engine designs would have the oil flow straight from the fill hole to the pan instead of the oil being all AI’ed up and go flight all crud, gunks, and minute contamination.

Think of it to be the same as Hollywood actors need to rack the guns right at the beginning of the meet up, or departure to hit the bad guys, or right before kicking down the door, or exactly right shooting someone execution style. It looks cool for the mass but definitely not how it should be done.

The only time I've done it is when I found out my engine was VERY full of sludge. Unsure of how much I ended up putting back down into the pan, I dumped a bit of kerosene through it to flush out the pan.

But that's about it.

It cannot be overstated just how little this accomplishes. This literally does not do anything. I'm not saying it's wasteful, I'm not saying money would be better spent elsewhere, although both of those are true, I'm saying this literally does not do anything. If you stopped doing this and instead did 3 jumping jacks it would have the exact same effect.

Back