Danica Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many here saw Danica getting taken out by Ryan Briscoe? A blind man could have read her body language as she walked down pit lane. She was steamed! I understand Briscoe's crew told him to leave his helmet on, but I don't think it would have helped much if she had gotten to him. She was ready to hand him his head. On-line news reports he didn't seem to be willing to offer an apology. I have a feeling the racing community won't be cutting him much slack for a while.

I watched the race today. She was exiting pit lane, on the right, in line with everyone else. Briscoe came out wide, plus he lost the back end a bit, and hit wheels with her. Broke her left rear suspension, and spun her around.

When she got out of her car, she started walking down to his pit. Security and an Indy pit official stopped her before she had a chance to discuss matters. Check out ESPN news, they've had a video of the collision up a couple of times.

Indy needs all the press it can get, good or bad.

What if they'd had Michael Buffer in the pits step out between them with a mic?

"For the thousands in attendance,and the millions at home, LETS GET READY TO RUMBUUUUULLLLL!"

It was obviously Briscoe's fault. He pulled out wide, and I think in an effort to pull it back in, he goosed it and lost the rear end. It looks like he hit her with his rear tire.

Danica's in a tough spot as a woman in Indy, but she really needs to act with a little more class imo. The whining at her crew on the radio, then the little spectacle in the pits... it's not hard to act with a little bit of sportsmanship. @#$% happens.

Last edited:
Briscoe is an idiot. To screw up something so rudimentary isn't tolerable when you're in control of someone else's million dollar machine.

I respect her and hope she does well, but, if I was on her pit crew and she yelled at me over the radio like she did yesterday, I would pull a plug wire. You get respect by giving respect.

I don't make heros out of actors, sports people ,motorsport people etc. even though their skills and abilities are well super hero compared to us underlings. I prefer the doctor who fixed my wifes foot, some of the teachers I had,
one of my best friends who is an eye surgeon who I observed a surgery he did who saved a persons eyesight for free because the person couldn't afford it .Some of the cops I have met. Some firemen.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I respect her and hope she does well, but, if I was on her pit crew and she yelled at me over the radio like she did yesterday, I would pull a plug wire. You get respect by giving respect.

I think that's why Kyle Busch done blowed up last night in the Coke 600!
57.gif

If it happened to Al Unser, I think it would get as much press.
Obviously, the media LOVES the extra ingredient of the 'woman' factor.

Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
I'm with Johnny, without her crew she is nothing.

I know it's not good to be nasty to the crew but I can forgive folks like that. Look at the pressure they are under and the microscope.... Heck, it was still a win/win as she still has morning after press and so does Indy.

I felt a LOT sorrier for poor Sarah Fisher, though.

She was on a local radio show a year or 2 ago and was about the most unpleasant person that I have ever heard interviewed. She had no sense of humor and was borderline rude. They basically ended the interview early because she made was such a pain in the you no what.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
She was on a local radio show a year or 2 ago and was about the most unpleasant person that I have ever heard interviewed.

Just another bisch in love with her self. I honestly don't think she is even close to hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back