Costco seems a lot more crowded lately

I've seen small business owners checking out at a regular Costco before, but for packaged goods like drinks and such, and only occasionally.

But Costco also operates stores that cater specifically to those folks, the Business Centers.
Of course but go to get Chinese or fish tacos- whatever- I can recognize Costco frozen pot stickers or frozen fish…now a charity sale or big feed or something is different

Yes! Love WMT bought 5 years ago in the 90s, still holding half my portfolio in a Roth I have but we aren’t talking a big Roth more spec account.
Slow and steady, carefree, no stress including the pandemic!
Upcoming recession? No problem and more good news for them (I think)🤔
View attachment 187362
One of my brothers has been with Walmart since graduation college back in the 90’s. He’s a pharmacy manager and has 7 figures in Walmart stock.

One of my brothers has been with Walmart since graduation college back in the 90’s. He’s a pharmacy manager and has 7 figures in Walmart stock.
Good for him, I’m jealous🤔
I’m a bit older now but if I bought around $5000 in Walmart stock in the 1970s or early 70s I think it’s worth 74 million now.

But do you know what the problem is?
I only bought Walmart about five years ago🥴 Which is doing great but it ain’t gonna give me seven figures by the time I die.
Then, again, who knows maybe it will. I just happen to buy at a time where it seems the longest amount of time in its history they have not split the stock as much as they used to do. Nowadays, it seems companies in the public psychology is if a stock is too cheap it’s no good so they let the price run up, granted it’s growing into such a ginormous company that it’s harder to provide the growth numbers but I have to say maybe I’m jaded because I never expected the performance and safety that I’ve gotten out of it as far as an investment

Costco members, can you tell me how much this appliance costs? This is unavailable in major retailers and if it's a reasonable price at Costco, I might become a member, too...

Wall oven combo

Of course don't buy that junk. I hate WASTE the older I get.

I do wish they had (more) grass fed beef.

We buy some oils (Cooking EVOO, Avocado, Grape seed), paper products, sometimes clothing items (socks). avocados, etc
We buy grass fed beef direct from the ranch. Some times we buy half or a whole steer. Tasty.

Costco members, can you tell me how much this appliance costs? This is unavailable in major retailers and if it's a reasonable price at Costco, I might become a member, too...

Wall oven combo
Go to Costco. Tell them you are going to the pharmacy. No membership card required. You can look around-just can't buy anything. Maybe someone will get the online price for you.

Wall oven combo
1699559482858.jpg

In the future, Costco is only going to get larger. And everyone will shop there because they love you (unless of course you're shoplifting or something).

In the future, Costco is only going to get larger. And everyone will shop there because they love you (unless of course you're shoplifting or something).
Lowest shrinkage in the industry. People seemed to have stolen car batteries for so many years, but they put an abrupt end to it. It was so blatant car forums were calling Coscto a lifetime battery purchase for $84.95

Lowest shrinkage in the industry. People seemed to have stolen car batteries for so many years, but they put an abrupt end to it. It was so blatant car forums were calling Coscto a lifetime battery purchase for $84.95

Costco shoppers are a different ‘caliber’ of folks than other retail stores.

There’s no ‘People of Costco‘ website with crazy photos and videos.

The economy is consumer driven and from I can tell by me the consumer can't stop spending. Stores, restaurants are packed. I'm in Vegas now it's a zoo so I ask what recession I personally don't see it.
My theory is many have given up and the ace up the sleeve is leaving nothing to heirs and charity. I might even speak the unspeakable and that would be to leave heirs with debt and expenses. People are very open these days, 80+ with home equity loans...just seems weird but I get it at the same time. And the spending is good for you and for me. When the spending stops, we could lose our jobs...

Back