Costco seems a lot more crowded lately

These two are really good and not rip off grocery store prices

IMG_6290.jpeg

This seems to be a very good product....3000 lumens and rechargeable via USB C.

$21.99 at Costco--amazon can't touch it. It's a little big, however. Even has 3 C Duracells included, I'm trying to find my old non rechargeable flashlights to see if they take C's, then I'll throw those in the trunk.

My Dewalt rechargeable 20V is only 1500 lumens and it's great (it can stand, be on its side, etc). So this is twice as bright.

IMG_8200.jpeg

The Costco near me is the only one within 60-90 minutes of this area. This area has a median household income of almost twice the national average. You can only imagine how "packed" it is, 7 days a week.

It doesn't bother me. People look at the lines to checkout and freak out. The fact is, I never spend more than 120 seconds in line.....

There's a Sam's across the street. Before Costco was built, we went there. You would normally spend 8-12 minutes or more in line and no one who worked at Sam's cared. No one. Now they do.... :ROFLMAO:

I always wonder how people are able to consume those gigantic amounts of food and other products. I mean, who wants to buy 132 ounces of ketchup?

People like you are the ones who have not been in a warehouse club in 30 years. I haven't seen a 132 ounce bottle of ketchup. I have seen a 2 or 3-pack of the same size bottles you buy in the grocery store.

It's just my wife and I. We don't buy large quantities of stuff except TP, paper towels, motor oil, etc. I can buy a 10 lb bag of sugar at Costco for the price of 3.5 bags at the grocery store. Is it really a big deal to have 10 lbs of sugar versus two 5 lb bags?

FWIW, we also didn't panic about TP during 2020.... We also didn't tell anyone we didn't panic or how much we have.

$21.99 at Costco--amazon can't touch it. It's a little big, however. Even has 3 C Duracells included, I'm trying to find my old non rechargeable flashlights to see if they take C's, then I'll throw those in the trunk.

My Dewalt rechargeable 20V is only 1500 lumens and it's great (it can stand, be on its side, etc). So this is twice as bright.

View attachment 187432

WAIT!!!! HOLD ON!!!

You didn't have to buy a 6-pack of those flashlights ???

WAIT!!!! HOLD ON!!!

You didn't have to buy a 6-pack of those flashlights ???
I bought 2, each one was $21.99....seemed like a good deal, and once I opened the package yes the flashlight is huge, I envision a cop in the 1970's with a baton and this being that size! If that's what you mean....

The Costco near me is the only one within 60-90 minutes of this area. This area has a median household income of almost twice the national average. You can only imagine how "packed" it is, 7 days a week.

It doesn't bother me. People look at the lines to checkout and freak out. The fact is, I never spend more than 120 seconds in line.....

There's a Sam's across the street. Before Costco was built, we went there. You would normally spend 8-12 minutes or more in line and no one who worked at Sam's cared. No one. Now they do.... :ROFLMAO:
I shop at Sam's and use the phone app to bypass the checkout lines. You scan the items yourself on your phone, swipe to check out and charge it to your Sam's Club credit card, a QR code appears and you show it to the checker at the door. The only wait I have is at the door and that is either -0- or less than a minute.

People like you are the ones who have not been in a warehouse club in 30 years. I haven't seen a 132 ounce bottle of ketchup. I have seen a 2 or 3-pack of the same size bottles you buy in the grocery store.

It's just my wife and I. We don't buy large quantities of stuff except TP, paper towels, motor oil, etc. I can buy a 10 lb bag of sugar at Costco for the price of 3.5 bags at the grocery store. Is it really a big deal to have 10 lbs of sugar versus two 5 lb bags?

FWIW, we also didn't panic about TP during 2020.... We also didn't tell anyone we didn't panic or how much we have.
Capture.JPG

Cool thing about Sams Club is we ring up our purchases on our cell phones. I like that.
We also belong to Costco and it's true the lines move fast. But there is some enjoyment of walking right past everyone at the checkout lines at Sam's Club

View attachment 187432
That's odd, never seen a battery and rechargeable combo flashlight.

View attachment 187432
Interesting Flashlight! Includes 3-regular batteries and... "AND" a rechargeable battery? Interesting!

LOL I almost bought that flashlight when I was in Costco on Monday. I'll probably pick it up when I go back to get my tires installed next Tuesday.
Other than being big, ok, huge, it seems to be of good quality. Might come in handy when those folks with the LED headlights that don't level are on an incline are coming towards us...

Back