Dodge dealers don’t have any cars on the lots?

I had the opportunity to check out a few Dodge dealerships in the past week. I was traveling more than usual, and whenever I see a car dealer, I slow down and look to see what they have. Sometimes pull into the lot and drive through.
it seems no Dodge dealers have any cars. No Chrysler 300’s, Chargers, and very few Challengers. Lots of Jeeps and trucks. You would think that Chrysler/ Dodge didn’t make any cars.
I know this is the last year for those vehicles, but did they already shut down production? Or does no one want those models anymore?
Maybe the dealers don’t want to get stuck with them?
Any Stellantis dealers or employees have any inside info?
Sad in my opinion to see the RWD V-8 cars go away completely.

Maybe people don't want them anymore. They're the same thing as 10+ years ago.
They’re doing pretty well actually. From Stellantis’s Q1 report “Dodge Charger up 43%; Dodge Challenger up 2% and Dodge Durango up 22% in total U.S. sales versus same quarter last year”

Granted they aren’t crazy high volume, they sold 22,128 Charger’s and 11,371 Challenger’s in Q1 2023.

As you may know this is the "Last Call" year for the Dodge Challenger and Charger models. Production of those models is scheduled through December 2023. 2023 Chrysler 300 production just started in April and may end at the same time. Both Dodge and Chrysler, are getting new Stella Large EV platform vehicles. For Dodge it will be the new Charger, and for Chrysler it will be the Airflow (final name may be changed). It is rumored that the Hornet will move production for North American models to the Belvedere plant. This is only a rumor as plant production was halted at the end of February and was mothballed.

Local dealer has used car lot full of new and used cars, they are getting a major face lift to comply with all the other dodge dealers.

I had the opportunity to check out a few Dodge dealerships in the past week. I was traveling more than usual, and whenever I see a car dealer, I slow down and look to see what they have. Sometimes pull into the lot and drive through.
it seems no Dodge dealers have any cars. No Chrysler 300’s, Chargers, and very few Challengers. Lots of Jeeps and trucks. You would think that Chrysler/ Dodge didn’t make any cars.
I know this is the last year for those vehicles, but did they already shut down production? Or does no one want those models anymore?
I still say a 300R (don’t know how else to differentiate in the 300 line, lol) with the Hellcat engine and electronically-controlled AWD (a la MB E63) would probably have been the model that made me shift to the dark side, at least til about 1k miles before the warranty ran out 🤣

Dealers got allotments on the Charger and Challenger, higher volume dealerships were given more allotments, accordingly.
The final production year , only a certain amount of vehicles, parts and trim levels could be assembled.

A new V8 charger seems like an investment. 🤷‍♂️

A base 5.7 V8 is around 44k while a base Scat Pack wide body with the 6.4 is 60.

Last edited:
The dealership three miles away from me is always packed with shoppers and updated new Stellantis on the lot. Probably a regional thing.

The Alf-Romaro "Dodge Hornet" should be coming to dealers soon, shouldn't it???

Maybe people don't want them anymore. They're the same thing as 10+ years ago.
No, the Chevy dealer is full stuffed of 60k+ trucks. The shortage is still going on, mid range and economical models are still vastly short. Even our automated line for the Toyota Camry is NOT running 3 shifts, it did before the qoof.

Look at the Ford Bronco, still a wait list, look at the Ford Maverick, or the Toyota Camry. I thought the Challenger-Charger was being discontinued cause of EV stupidity.

there are out there many YT videos of dealers hiding cars at this point, it could be ratted to that

but those dodge models are in very long tooth by now

and if I remember too, they ceased some of their models, just as someone has mentioned it from the above

The sales are good because everyone knows it's last call. The sales over the past decade have always been good, the Challenger out sells the Camaro for the first time in the history of the models. The 300 sales have been dismal because they do not advertise them at all. These cars are built in only one plant so I suspect the demand for Charger and Challenger has kept 300 production low as well.
As far as reliability, I have a 2011 300C (2nd gen car, 5.7 VVT) with 161,000 miles that has been one of the best cars I've ever owned. To this day, the quietness and refinement of this older design still amazes me. Everyone I know that owns one absolutely loves it. I wanted a new one but finding a 5.7 model is not easy. The quality of interior trim (leather and plastics), suspension components, paint, etc has really surprised me at how well this car has held up. My brakes lasted 99,000 miles! My 2019 Tacoma Limited has faded exterior trim all over the place, the interior is full of nasty cheap materials. I never thought I'd say a Chrysler has higher quality materials than a Toyota, but this vehicle has blown away my expectations (I've had three Tacoma's, loved them all except for rust problems). Power train has been flawless too, except for a water pump. With the 5.7 Hemi, I average 22.5 combined hwy and city and I do not drive slow. All highway, it easily gets 25-26 mpg @ 75 mph.
If you look at consumer reports they actually like the RWD Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. They have respectable reliability (better than Acura and Nissan last time I looked) they are one of the best kept secrets in American full size sedans....... and they actually recommend them!
The second generation of LX vehicles are by far the best cars ever to roll off a Chrysler assembly line. I've owned Subaru, Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM, and my 300C is one of the best I have owned. I will keep it (or get another one used) as long as gasoline is still available.
However this era is over, everything new is Stellantis based, Fiat "bastardized", rolling electrical nightmares, except maybe the Ram trucks.

Around here All the dealers are loaded to the brim with expensive stuff. Dodge is full of Ram's, Ford and GM same - full size trucks. Toyota has Tundra's and 4 Runners.

No one has any reasonable priced cars. Whether its a game or the OEM's are only building high margin stuff or the reasonable stuff is ordered ahead and never hits the lot, I don't know.

I had thought that dealers would stock up on these RWD cars since the end of production has already been announced.
As far as I can see, it’s all Jeeps and pickup trucks. I’m hanging on to my 2006 Magnum R/T, and hoping to find a clean 300 or Charger with a 5.7 or 6.4 when the Magnum ever gets to the point where it’s not viable.

Back