Who makes Costco oil?

LDB

In theory here's the answer. I'm not familiar with Warren but there's a lot I don't know.

Warren Motor Oil​

Kirkland Name: Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30
Kirkland Price Per Unit: $24.39*
Verdict: Confirmed
Motor oil can be a saturated market, leading many to just grab the nearest one they see and hope for the best. In reality, a lot of different brands are made by the same company. In Costco’s case, their oil is manufactured by Warren Oil. Warren also supposedly produces Amazon’s AmazonBasics motor oil. It’s confirmed in writing on the back of the jug, so we don’t need any more proof. The product sells well for Costco, which is unsurprising given the price tag. At just $24.39 for five quarts, it’s a bargain purchase that will last.

Just make sure that you don’t let it linger in your garage forever. Even motor oil has a use-by date. Once opened, motor oil should be replaced every five years, no matter how much you’ve got left in the bottle. That being said, $24.39 every few years isn’t going to break the bank.

I ordered 12 single qts when it was on sale a few months ago. The box was delivered a day later direct shipped from Warren.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Even with the latest name change there is still confusion with the Warren companies. There is Warren Oil and Highline Warren which used to be Warren Distribution.
Correkt

That's what I meant.
Plus everything seems like it's priced from the 1980's:)
Yes. Ordinary people in rural areas seem to have lower salaries, so the prices are lower in the stores for everything.
Also in the rural areas, you can buy a huge house with large driveway and multi car garage with many acres on the property and live like a king for the price of a tiny attached house in a city.

In theory here's the answer. I'm not familiar with Warren but there's a lot I don't know.

Warren Motor Oil​

Kirkland Name: Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30
Kirkland Price Per Unit: $24.39*
Verdict: Confirmed
Motor oil can be a saturated market, leading many to just grab the nearest one they see and hope for the best. In reality, a lot of different brands are made by the same company. In Costco’s case, their oil is manufactured by Warren Oil. Warren also supposedly produces Amazon’s AmazonBasics motor oil. It’s confirmed in writing on the back of the jug, so we don’t need any more proof. The product sells well for Costco, which is unsurprising given the price tag. At just $24.39 for five quarts, it’s a bargain purchase that will last.

Just make sure that you don’t let it linger in your garage forever. Even motor oil has a use-by date. Once opened, motor oil should be replaced every five years, no matter how much you’ve got left in the bottle. That being said, $24.39 every few years isn’t going to break the bank.
All the oil I have purchased shows a manufacture date and never a "use-by" date. Synthetic oil is pretty stable, so I imagine the shelf life would be more than 5 years. Although, I use two cases of Costco oil in a year, so my inventory is cycled within 18 months.

All the oil I have purchased shows a manufacture date and never a "use-by" date. Synthetic oil is pretty stable, so I imagine the shelf life would be more than 5 years. Although, I use two cases of Costco oil in a year, so my inventory is cycled within 18 months.
YMMV but in my opinion it likely will be good after your dead and gone!

YMMV but in my opinion it likely will be good after your dead and gone!
Week or two ago I took a look at some shell rotella that i opened 9-10 years ago that has been sitting in my garage since. Like 2-3" left at the bottom of the jug. Had the cap on the whole time. Was going to top off with it. Poured some into a clear solo cup first though.

It was a darker color than i was expecting, but maybe oil was darker 10 years ago I cant remember. So that mightve been normal. It was also cloudy but not consistently cloudy, kinda like an egg you just started beating. Nothing crazy, but it needed to be stirred before it looked like a homogeneous solution. Was kind of like stirring a can of paint. I decided not to put it in a vehicle's engine. I didnt feel right about it. Didnt look right. I just used it to lubricate some tools and stuff around the garage and yard. And I poured it out fully expecting it to be fine, maybe it was, who knows, but it didn't look right. Ymmv.

Back