Chevy, Dogde, or Ford??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a trouble free 2011 F350 6.7L TD- yeah weird.....
I now have a 2015 F350 6.2L gasser- diesel was still 80 cents higher then- boy did that turn around
frown.gif

I have no brand loyalty either. When I shop around here I have 500 Fords to choose from and very limited with GM and RAM.

When I drive a Ford it feels and looks to me like a real Truck.
Seriously. However GM is not as tall and bulky and easier to drive in a city etc.

It boils down to selection and price.
When I sold my 2011 outright I sold it to the Ford dealer I bought it from. I lost only $4K and I had it 42 months- it looked new. Crazy!

You got 210K out of your Chevy and you still own it... And I bet it runs pretty good
smile.gif

Do you work on your own stuff? If so, pop the hoods and look at engine access. Sucks on some of these
frown.gif

Do you have a favorite local independent shop? Ask them
smile.gif

Test drive them all. Find a nice bad concrete expansion joint road with pot holes and hit them. You'll know soon enough ...

Originally Posted By: Cujet
If you want real world information on reliability and cost of repairs:

www.truedelta.com

Toyota comes out on top, way on top.

Of the domestics, Ford is the most reliable for all but 2 of the last 15 years.

GM products are next, with a more frequent repair history.

Ram trucks come in a distant third for reliability.
enough said

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

can't get the keys away from his wife. She LOVES it.

Same here. So much about her complaining about me buying another truck.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
One thing ITguy always forgets is stats are only applicable to a GROUP, not an individual vehicle.

And one thing you all forget is that you are playing the odds by purchasing any vehicle.

Stacking the odds in your favor by picking something that has proven to be more reliable is a smart way to go. Would you rather play Russian Roulette with 1 or 2 bullets in the chamber?

I could buy from xxx manufacturer that makes 1 lemon per 100 or buy from the other that makes 3 lemons per 100. Which should you pick? I'd go with the 1 in 100.

Since Ram makes the best truck, when are you switching your fleet to ProMasters and Rams from GM?
smile.gif

I didn't forget anything. I shopped the market heavily for over a YEAR, with my wife in tow. We kept several vehicles at least overnight and put hundreds of miles into test driving. There really was no contest. From the moment we sat in the RAM we were smitten. They are wonderful.

I could worry about minute differences in statistical correlations or I could simply buy the best truck for my needs. We have yet to regret it with almost 20k miles already.

Especially after just seeing my good friend's new F150 with the worst factory fit and finish I have seen since the 80's! This despite EXCELLENT STATS!

My fleet has nothing to do with my personal needs, and the last thing I want to do is drive another truck just like the one I spent all day in. Our fleet trucks are what they are because our Factory Authorized Upfitter has a long standing relationship with GM and no other manufacturer will keep the factory warranty in our duty cycle...

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Excellent! I bet she wasn't asking you about the repair frequencies or other stats either. She simply adores the truck...

If I was going to buy a new one I would buy a Ram. I've owned all three and they all are reliable.

If we are talking new trucks the Ram has the best exterior fit and finish. It has the best transmission, and it cost quite a bit less than the rest.

The new fords have poor fit and finish. They run sweet, but the exterior quality is poor.

The GM trucks are nice, and would probably be my second choice.

As long as RAM keeps building competitive trucks for less money and with a higher fit and finish they would be my first choice.

There is no way I would pay 10K more for a Ford or GM. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Excellent! I bet she wasn't asking you about the repair frequencies or other stats either. She simply adores the truck...

Exactly. The dealership even threw in a 5/150K bumper to bumper warranty from everything from free wiper replacement to the transmission and 3 years of complementary factory scheduled maintenance.

After 5 years I chalk up repairs will be pretty much even among all pickup trucks.

I'm somewhat reluctant to post this, but Amiri King on YouTube is definitely a Chevy fan. Due to potential profanity, I did not post links or titles to his videos. Even if you are a Ford or Ram fan, he is humorous.

I'm a Toyota fan. But then again, I'd drive a toaster to work if I could.

Not sure there are huge differences anymore. At least not by anecdotal web-based evidence. Figure out what options you need, what options you want, and then test drive.

Which put me into... a Toyota.

I truck shopped for many months and recently picked up an 09 CC SLT 4wd with the hemi. I love it and am not looking back...

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Cujet said:
If you want real world information on reliability and cost of repairs:

www.truedelta.com

Toyota comes out on top, way on top.

Of the domestics, Ford is the most reliable for all but 2 of the last 15 years.

GM products are next, with a more frequent repair history.

Ram trucks come in a distant third for reliability.

That can't be. The Mopar guys are always saying how ultr

I had a Dodge 1500 and it was very reliable. There were some issues with automatic transmissions for a while, and that is what probably hurt them the most.

I would suggest driving them all. I recently bought a GMC Sierra after I originally set out to buy an F-150.

Yea I cant get past the 5.7 Hemi and 8 speed transmission. Man what a nice truck. I've always been a Chevrolet and GMC guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back