Chevy, Dogde, or Ford??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mehullica
Toyota

They pretty much GM now, Toyota.

At least Honda and BMW are "hold-outs" (independent.) Mercedes Benz isn't Chrysler anymore, so...

+1 on hearing Dodge/Chrysler always used to = trash though people say a lot of things..

Originally Posted By: dishdude
What did they drive to the levee?

A Chevrolet.
smile.gif

....alas but, the levy was dry.

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
mehullica said:
Toyota

"They pretty much GM now, Toyota."

If you are saying Toyota and GM are partnering on products extensively..I disagree. If you are saying that Toyota's quality has gone DOWN to GM's level..I agree.

If I were buying a new (or used) pick-up truck it would be a FORD.

I've always been impressed with how GM trucks hold up in fleet duty, everything ranging from S-10, Express and Silverado. They take a ton of abuse, lousy maintenance and just keep running.

I've always had them retired because the body is too dented and scratched to look professional, never due to a powertrain issue.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
What did they drive to the levee?

A Chevrolet.
smile.gif

....alas but, the levy was dry.

There's so much wrong with driving a Chevrolet to the levy I don't know where to start.

Let's just stick with Chevy to the levee!
34.gif

Thanks for everyone's response. I haven't drove or even rode in a newer Toyota but all the ones I have were way to rough for me. The seats sucked and a very rough ride.

If you want real world information on reliability and cost of repairs:

www.truedelta.com

Toyota comes out on top, way on top.

Of the domestics, Ford is the most reliable for all but 2 of the last 15 years.

GM products are next, with a more frequent repair history.

Ram trucks come in a distant third for reliability.

GM has the nicest ex cab imo. I like the f150 crew cabs just for that nice flat floor. Ram has the awesome 8sp auto. Really hard to choose these days.

Originally Posted By: Srt20
Do yourself a favor by test driving all of them. Long tests. Drive the model you are interested in. Dont drive a loaded model if you only have cash for a stripped model, etc.

The trucks are all real close. I don't care what any internet haters say, they are obviously close minded bitter people.

Pick the one that feels right and fits you. Then work on price. You can always find the deal you are looking for if you are somewhat realistic. Sometimes you have to go to a few different dealers of the same brand.

What would I buy? I have no clue. But truck shopping sure is fun!!

this.
these brand comparison threads are always laughable.the bashers always appear, and there are some that mention brands other than what's in the thread title.i never understood that.i'm surprised that nobody mentioned looking at a crown vic.

'prone,i mean cornholio --you correct one on the use of the word chevy.
you state "is not "chevy" is Chevrolet", when it's supposed to be
"it's not "chevy", it's CHEVROLET". you forgot an 's, twice, and a comma after chevy. you should not be correcting others, when your command of the language is poor.
thanks for a morning laugh, guys. have a good day.

They are all about the same.

You could do far worse than to shop all 5 (I'm including the Tundra and GMC here) and simply buy whichever one was the least expensive at the moment.

In general, all new trucks are jacked up to high, to expensive, and ugly as sin. They are built for urban cowboys not contractors like they used to be.

Last edited:
The most sensible advice on here is to drive all 3 before you decide. I've become partial to Dodge, having accumulated more than 500,000 miles between my last 2 (HD) trucks with no major issues. Ford makes good trucks so long as you stick with a gas engine.

Is not "Chevy" is CHEVROLET, after the Frenchman... Get it right.

GM guy here, though I found out Fords are kinda nice if they aren't 91-97 Thunderturds.

Louis Chevrolet was a Swiss race car driver who moved here and considered himself American.

Get it right.

Reminds me when I was thinking of pledging to a fraternity in college, and I was cautioned not to use the shortened form "frat". They said you don't call your country a... do you?

I ended up at a different frat.

A lot of general comments here, but between the current big 3 -- if you are able to live with the reduced payload capacity, the RAM is the best riding (and driving) truck between the 3. No question...

Originally Posted By: Cujet

www.truedelta.com

That can't be. The Mopar guys are always saying how ultra reliable they are and that those that say different have it all wrong.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: Cujet

www.truedelta.com

That can't be. The Mopar guys are always saying how ultra reliable they are and that those that say different have it all wrong.

Do they live in Indiana by any chance?

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Go to the Silverado forums and to the Ram forums and see who has more problems. The chevy's will have far more owner complaints.

I test drove them both on overnight test drives. I don't have an allegiance to any car company. The Ram 5.7 and the Silverado 5.3 extended cab where my choices.

The Ram had a better ride, got the same gas mileage, a slightly larger interior (atleast it seemed) and blew the doors off the chevy in acceleration.

You don't like rams, that's ok. Everyone is different. But for every Chrysler with an issue, I can pull up models of fords and chevys with issues as well. No manufacturer is immune, and they all have fan boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back