New Vehicle Purchase in small-town Montana

If your concern is dealing local, yet you want something else other than what they offer, you do have an option.
If, say you want a Toyota or Honda, for instance; explore buying a lightly used one from one of the two dealers.
Reputation is critical for these small town dealers. They'll service it, or see that it gets done.

hold on their with your logic, young one.

say it with me, At bitog, the only correct solution is always pick up used reliable beater that has no car note, and can be run on m1 0w40 with a filter that has a 99% efficiency at 1 micron.
You forgot; the beater in question must lack even a hint of driving enjoyment and you must drive it for no less than 400k miles.

If your concern is dealing local, yet you want something else other than what they offer, you do have an option.
If, say you want a Toyota or Honda, for instance; explore buying a lightly used one from one of the two dealers.
Reputation is critical for these small town dealers. They'll service it, or see that it gets done.
They may even help you find it as they have access to wholesalers and car auction sites.

The local guys in a small town will live and die by making their local customers happy and they know it.
And will never knowingly sell you a bad car for this reason alone if noting else.

Between Ford and Dodge, Dodge Durangoes looking pretty good to me right now.
Good form/fucntion/ decent relaibility and reasonably priced for what it is.

I am also a big fan of the Nissan Armada.
A full size japanese V8 4x4 SUV as reliable as the sun, for the (after discounts and picking a entry trim) price of a V6 pathfinder or V6 4 runner or V6 Durango.
All smaller, all V6s.
For that I would drive out of town.
I drove over 300 miles one way , to pick up my 2023 Armada new for the best price I could get a couple states away.

But if u want to stay local the dodge durango would be my 2nd choice.

The local guys in a small town will live and die by making their local customers happy and they know it.
And will never knowingly sell you a bad car for this reason alone if noting else.

Between Ford and Dodge, Dodge Durangoes looking pretty good to me right now.
Good form/fucntion/ decent relaibility and reasonably priced for what it is.

I am also a big fan of the Nissan Armada.
A full size japanese V8 4x4 SUV as reliable as the sun, for the (after discounts and picking a entry trim) price of a V6 pathfinder or V6 4 runner or V6 Durango.
All smaller, all V6s.
For that I would drive out of town.
I drove over 300 miles one way , to pick up my 2023 Armada new for the best price I could get a couple states away.

But if u want to stay local the dodge durango would be my 2nd choice.
is the y60 platform reliable?

is the y60 platform reliable?
Its a Y62 now, been built for a decade and sold in middle east as patrol where the sheiks flog them over the dunes after putting in turbos for 1000 hp.
So I'd say yes.
Will be replaced in 2025, so now is our chance last chance get them for a deal.
Deconteded for US market to allow a lower price ( hydraulic suspension delete, push button rear locker delete, a couple of others thing decontented, saving us trim dependent from $20,000 to 25,000 over international prices, but the hard as nails power train and frame and quality body and interior are all still the same as the ones that cost US $90,000 in australia and Middle east

I bought mine because I wanted a Y62 for the Patrol pedigree (they had been on my radar for a while) and it was end of year hugely discounted.
I had expected it to lumber a bit like a landcruiser and was pleasantly surpised.
Had I known how well these drive, I would have happily paid MSRP which would have been only 55k for my base 4x4 model.

Last edited:
Back