Champ PH500XL Nitrile ADBV

I purchased 2 PH500XL filters from RockAuto they came in with a nitrile anti drain back valve, I contacted RockAuto, it's going to cost me more to send them back then I paid for them, so I contacted Champ labs, they tell me to contact RockAuto, For a refund because they are RockAuto's supplier.
Another filter that is going downhill, and trying to cut corners.. I bought this filter about 2 months prior, just to cut open and inspect it, and it came with silicone anti drain back valve, which is the last picture..

IMG_20240308_171128783.jpg

IMG_20240308_170333545.jpg

IMG_20240308_170333545.jpg

IMG_20240308_170259714_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240308_170239072.jpg

IMG_20240308_170345218.jpg

IMG_20240308_170716269.jpg

The least of anyone’s worries. 10k oci…..good enough.
Maybe, but silicone handles heat and cold better, retains its shape better, and can be stored longer. All benefits for oil filters.

Also, if you were getting it before, and now your not, then its a form of shrinkflation or cheapening.

If I want a nitrile valve with a cellulose filter media why not just buy a $2 luber finer - also made by Champ.

Maybe, but silicone handles heat and cold better, retains its shape better, and can be stored longer. All benefits for oil filters.

Also, if you were getting it before, and now your not, then its a form of shrinkflation or cheapening.

If I want a nitrile valve with a cellulose filter media why not just buy a $2 luber finer - also made by Champ.
Exactly!!

only filters i would be now would be either carquest premium (Premium guards with silicone ADBV & Gasket) or endurance filters.
I like those - the Carquest / Ecogard / Pentius. - but I can't get them from Walmart (no third parties) or RA.

I guess I will have to start ordering the carquest from AAP. Luckily I am still sitting on a pretty good stash of various brands.

I like those - the Carquest / Ecogard / Pentius. - but I can't get them from Walmart (no third parties) or RA.

I guess I will have to start ordering the carquest from AAP. Luckily I am still sitting on a pretty good stash of various brands.
the 84502 ( fram 10575 size) is like $6.60 before coupons. if you have any speedperks built up you can essentially get them free.

Carquest Premiums are the best buy on Premium Guard synthetics that I have found so far, consistently anyway. They should be in the 6 dollar range if you bother with online codes.

it really is a shame what’s going on with oil filters lately. before joining BITOG, my truck lived 160k on 6 quarts of valvoline HM synthetic and a mobil 1 m1-206a every 5k. now it’s got PUP & HPL EC40 with a OG titanium FS3675 waiting for HPL PCEO 5w-40. if i didn’t buy up just about every OG FS3675 i’d be using the carquest premiums as the endurance line lacks a 3675 size.

Back