Champ XL ph2840xl cut open

But now your missing my point. I know not much about oil filters, but I know something about light assembly - been through LEAN and Six Sigma and some others. Most issues come up on random things you can't plan for - material defects, etc. How many defects are acceptable to Fram? Fram seems to have more than there fare share on the boards and youtube
During all the time I've been here, I'd say Purolator made filters have shown to have more reported issues than Frams. WIX has also shown to have some QC issues too along the way. They all seem to have production QC issues at some point. It would be interesting to see how production and QC is conducted at some of these companies. Also, the oil filter world has been dynamic and chaotic for years. Seems nobody can settle down and get a good groove going and stick with it.

I see a lot of YouTube misinformation, even from some so called "experts" making the videos, and some of those videos have been posted here and pointed out. Seems people love to lap-up YT even when it's twisted and wrong in some cases, lol.

Anyway, the bottom line is everyone can make their own decisions on what's important to them based on what they see and know - that goes for anything in life.

Last edited:
Back