Cereal: which ones do you eat?

none cereals are crap, grains quickly raise blood sugar even oatmeal only a bit slower! add dead lo fat milk + its even worse. blood sugar goes up, body secretes insulin a fat storage hormone!! the more you eat carbs + how much you eat them is very UNHEALTHY!!! IMO + of many savy health experts as higher insulin levels that are rarely checked is the main cause of many health issues!! you need a Homa IR test to know what your insulin is.
May you have safe travels for your daily Sausage McMuffin.

a note on DR Ekburg + others like Dr Ken D Berry that "comment" on health issues is that most anyone can research + learn, Drs are taught through years of schooling, but many times some of their teaching is outdated or tainted by the $$$$ donated to schools. when a university or otherwise gets big bucks from general mills + others they surely wont say anything bad about them or their products. in out great country $$$$$ runs everything + its up to YOU to sort out the good or not!! its often noted the increase in health issues, especially type II diabetes with even younger children, its said to be a "lifestyle" disease! poor food choices + eating too much too often being the cause + you are the one causing it!! health is wealth!

I like the hot cereal, Sunny Boy or Red River cereal, Cream of Wheat, & oatmeal. I usually add a little nutmeg and cinnamon, sometimes a few drops of vanilla. Add raisins to my oatmeal. For cold cereal I like the Shredded Wheat/ Muffets, with hot milk. or Raisin Bran. Special K is preferred over Rice Krispies. I also buy Life cereal occasionally.

none cereals are crap, grains quickly raise blood sugar even oatmeal only a bit slower! add dead lo fat milk + its even worse. blood sugar goes up, body secretes insulin a fat storage hormone!! the more you eat carbs + how much you eat them is very UNHEALTHY!!! IMO + of many savy health experts as higher insulin levels that are rarely checked is the main cause of many health issues!! you need a Homa IR test to know what your insulin is.
Agree with you there. Worst thing you can do is eat carbs first thing in the morning.

Post great grains with pecans is good for cereal. I add a handful of shelled walnuts to it.
I eat it dry with Black Assam tea.
Cherrios are over processed "dust"

I used to eat a lot of the stuff on weekdays not long ago, Honey Nut Cheerios and British Weetabix being two of my top favorites. On weekends, I'd take the time to prepare a proper breakfast; back in the States that'll include a lot of ham, cheese, free range eggs and even Bratwurst at times.

On weekdays I now have more of a Mediterranean breakfast; some type of cheese (usually Ackawi or feta cheese) with black or green olives, oatmeal bread, diced tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, parsley, etc.

You don't want to see my eating habits

I sometimes eat captin crunch or however it's spelled just to have something sweet every now and then. That's if the girls leave any at all.

I love cereal for the ease, and frankly when I get hooked on the toast and jam breakfast, I get FAT.

I don't eat any of the junk cereals mentioned and never add sugar or honey. I will use a couple drops of molasses or a little chopped date to up the flavor and little sweet. Pretty much whatever fruit in season.

I used to eat a lot of oatmeal, but frankly got bored.......I added chocolate, fresh fruit, etc.....but still, oatmeal.

Tried some 5 and 7 grains, not bad. Needed more.......

Then did buckwheat for awhile, good, https://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/cereals/organic-creamy-buckwheat.html

I do eat Teff about once a week: https://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/grains-beans-seeds/whole-grain-teff.html

Now I am on Bob's 10 grain. Pretty good! To avoid the long cook hassle, I soak in unsweet almond milk overnight, then pop in the microwave for just a minute or two, cooks right up

Never have understood the love for plain Cheerios - “processed dust” is an accurate description. 😆😆

I eat the grocery store brand wheat flakes. I tried Cinnamon Toast crunch at a hotel - that stuff is like crack....
Occasionally corn flakes, raisin bran and froot loops.

As a child, Quisp, Quake, Super Sugar Crisp, Sugar Pops, Coca Puffs....you might can guess in what decade I was born based on those names.....

Back