Buying Oil At Wal-Mart VS Part Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy the oil at Wal-Mart for my wifes car and mine if I'm not using something odd like I sometimes do. Oil filters? I prefer Mahle and source those elsewhere.
I always bought the oil and filter for my sisters Camry at Wal-Mart until she got a new car. I don't go into retailers and think dumb stuff like the Kroger store took out the corner grocery store and the butcher or Lowes/Menards/Home Depot took out the hardware store that was in downtown for 50 years.

I buy where I get the best price for what I want. Don't care what store it's at.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
At least with WalMart you can check the product first before purchasing. Amazon has been turning into a free for all fakes site.

I was actually thinking about buying some Magnatec from Amazon. Every time I go to WM their Magnetec shelf is empty. Now you've got me to thinking about that choice.

I'll gladly take Rural Kings "Harvest King" Conventional for $7~ and a Eco Guard filter for $1.51. Wal Mart beat that? Don't think so
smile.gif

Im free to shop at a store that's NOT named Wal Mart Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: car51
I'll gladly take Rural Kings "Harvest King" Conventional for $7~ and a Eco Guard filter for $1.51. Wal Mart beat that? Don't think so
smile.gif

Good evening car51.
Those that don't shop for the GREAT oil prices at WM usually have another store in mind with similar oil prices as WM.
Oh, BTW, I buy almost EVERYTHING at WM. I'm FREE to do so.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Either Meijer or Walmart. Similar prices and cheaper than car part stores.

See, as I stated to car51, similar oil prices. Auto parts stores seem to have a tendency to "bend you over."

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

Good evening car51.
Those that don't shop for the GREAT oil prices at WM usually have another store in mind with similar oil prices as WM.
Oh, BTW, I buy almost EVERYTHING at WM. I'm FREE to do so.
wink.gif

Good evening also BlueOvalFilter
smile.gif

Well, Rural King has name brand oils and such but higher prices for those.

I use Rural King oils and Eco Guard filters cause they are cheaper than Wal Mart. I do use Wal Mart for some food stuff and other things though
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some oil disappear from my porch so no more Amazon for oil.

Buy filters from Amazon. Oil from Wal-Mart or home depot

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Had some oil disappear from my porch so no more Amazon for oil.

Buy filters from Amazon. Oil from Wal-Mart or home depot

The problem with Amazon they deliver the last three packages to my neighbors house. Lucky I'm retired I retrieved it off their porch.

I buy oil ANYWHERE it is on sale!

Lately, I've been buying a LOT of Harvest King and Mystik oil from Atwood's farm supply.

Oil filters all come from RockAuto or eBay.

(Walmart Frams on clearance, too) (and Bosch Distance +)

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I buy oil ANYWHERE it is on sale!

Lately, I've been buying a LOT of Harvest King and Mystik oil from Atwood's farm supply.

Oil filters all come from RockAuto or eBay.

(Walmart Frams on clearance, too) (and Bosch Distance +)

Really? They sell oil filters very cheap, huh? I'm going to check it out. THANKS!
thumbsup2.gif

I do that - everyday prices at Walmart and sales at AZ etc. I don't understand the hate for big American companies when folks are buying from big foreign companies - it's a global economy and that's that. Amazon is no mom & pop either ... they do zip for my community. And for the comments on business practices? I think parts houses have their own. Most of the year oil is overpriced but somebody grabs it while getting belts, brake pads, hoses etc ... and surely they know how often mechanics pass the costs along to the unknowing - receipts and all ...

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I buy a lot of stuff at WM. Can't really afford to shop elsewhere most of the time.

Know how that feels...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I buy my oil at Walmart but if Harbor Freight were to disappear off the face of the earth, I wouldn't care.

Why is that? What would the world do without china freight?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back