Buying Oil At Wal-Mart VS Part Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
How many here, besides me, buy their oil and filters at WM? I have read on here how some would rather not buy ANYTHING from WM. Why? Do you like spending at least $10 more for the same 5 qt. container of oil at a parts store than to buy it at WM? Oh, I get it. It's that lump in your throat called PRIDE! Careful now, don't choke on it.

I will gladly pay twice as much than give WM any of my money.

What's wrong with WM? All their stores in these parts have a great customer base.

I hate their corporate greed, forcing their suppliers to lower their prices so much only WM makes any money, they are a terrible employer, if WM was a country, they would be one of the worlds largest importers from China, flooding North America with cheap products.

There is a reason why more social conscious countries, like Germany, where WM has failed.

And you are an EXPERT on Corp Greed? do you work for Wal Mart or you just like the rest , jumping on the band wagon, i'm a 24 yr employee of Wal Mart and have no idea of what you are talking about them being a terrible employer, we do a lot of shopping in WM, with the employee 10% discount i'd be crazy to shop anywhere else, go to Target, KMart and any other store and they just as much merchandise made in China, you have no idea how much WM gives back to the community, they have always been at the forefront when ever disaster strikes either worldwide or locally, I work in a Distribution Warehouse and you would be surprised of all the donations WM makes, sure it's tax write off but if it puts food, water or clothes to the less fortunate more power to them, keep pounding the drums on your bandwagon, you have no clue.

Originally Posted By: Malo83

And you are an EXPERT on Corp Greed? do you work for Wal Mart or you just like the rest , jumping on the band wagon, i'm a 24 yr employee of Wal Mart and have no idea of what you are talking about them being a terrible employer, we do a lot of shopping in WM, with the employee 10% discount i'd be crazy to shop anywhere else, go to Target, KMart and any other store and they just as much merchandise made in China, you have no idea how much WM gives back to the community, they have always been at the forefront when ever disaster strikes either worldwide or locally, I work in a Distribution Warehouse and you would be surprised of all the donations WM makes, sure it's tax write off but if it puts food, water or clothes to the less fortunate more power to them, keep pounding the drums on your bandwagon, you have no clue.

Well, good for you. Several people in my family have worked for them as well, that is where most of my distaste comes from. Don't expect to see me in one, I will keep banging my drum as long as I can.

Well, good for you. Several people in my family have worked for them as well, that is where most of my distaste comes from. Don't expect to see me in one, I will keep banging my drum as long as I can.

Why? Why is it your job to spread your opinion about Walmart?

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
The price difference at Wally World isn't as great as it used to be.
Competitors have kept their prices lower and Wal/mart has raised theirs.
Oil and filters are lower at W/M but for food, etc. occasionally find
other retailers equaling or beating W/M.

My 2¢

^^This. Walmart's groceries have gotten expensive. HEB's prices blow away Walmart's prices. Some items at Walmart are several dollars more than HEB.

As to their business ethics,ALL retail corporations are sleazy. Ask anyone who's ever worked retail.

Originally Posted By: Artem
I also don't buy from Wally's because they SUCK.

You're probably one of those Harbor Freight people.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn

It's not my job. But OP asked why. That is why.

He's not forcing you to listen and you could put him on ignore!

Go to any of the major retailers and you will see they all carry the same stuff and treat their employees the same. Working retail is hard. My wife worked at WM and she loved it. The schedule was annoying as you couldn't plan much but in talking with other retail employees we found out it was the same elsewhere. Target, Macy's, etc.

As for the customer base that would depend on where you go. Inner city WMs are definitely different from suburban stores. Trying to paint a broad brush doesn't work.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

He's not forcing you to listen and you could put him on ignore!

I don't ignore anyone here. That's the wimp way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back