Oil opinions F150 5.0

I have a 2012 F150, 5.0 approaching 243k miles. I have been using Fram Ultra filters and Havoline Lifelong in the smart change box, for the past few oil changes.

My local Walmart doesn't carry it, so I went on the WM app to order some, and noticed the price has went up considerably, since I last needed to buy it. It used to cost less per qt, than even super tech.

Browsing the app, I found this, which seems like a killer deal as it's even slightly cheaper than ST high mileage full syn, right now.
Quaker State Full Synthetic Dexos High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil, 5 Quart https://www.walmart.com/ip/1621386547

Was curious if anyone knew how it compared to the Havoline, that I have been using. I have never used QS before, nor do I know anyone that uses it. I can buy the QS online, and pick it up at my local store, after work. I have walmart +, so even if the Havoline is still the better choice, I can get it shipped for free.

Ty in advance.

QS and Havoline are both excellent options. I wouldn't hesitate to run either of those options.

Even with the price increase ($28.25 for 6 quarts), I don't think you'll be saving much by switching to QS.

I use a lot of QS. Another choice is Costco Kirkland; it runs about $35 for 2 * 5 qt jugs, but goes on sale from time to time.

I think the QS is the way to go. Good luck.

QS and Havoline are both excellent options. I wouldn't hesitate to run either of those options.

Even with the price increase ($28.25 for 6 quarts), I don't think you'll be saving much by switching to QS.

Yea the cost difference comes out to something like 91 cents a quart, iirc, so yea not a huge difference. Gonna probably just go with the QS. I have to still buy oil for the wife's ram 1500 5.7 and dodge avenger 2.7 too. Want to get all of the vehicles done before winter gets here. Both trucks are going to probably get the 5w30 QS. I am unsure if that's a good idea for the avenger.

honestly, whatever FS is on sale at the time when your oil change is due will be fine. The main thing with these engines is just keeping the oil clean.

I have a 2012 F150, 5.0 approaching 243k miles. I have been using Fram Ultra filters and Havoline Lifelong in the smart change box, for the past few oil changes.

My local Walmart doesn't carry it, so I went on the WM app to order some, and noticed the price has went up considerably, since I last needed to buy it. It used to cost less per qt, than even super tech.

Browsing the app, I found this, which seems like a killer deal as it's even slightly cheaper than ST high mileage full syn, right now.
Quaker State Full Synthetic Dexos High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil, 5 Quart https://www.walmart.com/ip/1621386547

Was curious if anyone knew how it compared to the Havoline, that I have been using. I have never used QS before, nor do I know anyone that uses it. I can buy the QS online, and pick it up at my local store, after work. I have walmart +, so even if the Havoline is still the better choice, I can get it shipped for free.

Ty in advance.
242k miles, thats pretty good. i have a gen 3, and i found it has ran the best on RGT (dont make it anymore) and motorcraft full synthetic. i can only find it on rockauto. ive run all the big name brand synthetics and it seemed to run the quietest on motorcraft full synthetic. just an fyi.

Back