Bulb grease? 👀

I use dielectric grease on my bulbs, plugs, trailer tow hookups etc. We have outdoor landscape lights that use automotive brake light bulbs and they are exposed to all kinds of weather. I can tell the dielectric grease really helps them continue working perfectly in inclement weather year round. Without the grease the connections get corroded and you have to twist to insert the bulb a few times to get them to work correctly. With the grease they just keep working great.

Been using Truck-Lite NYK-77 Corrosion Preventive Compound on all bulb contacts and most electrical connections since a friend who is a big rig diesel mechanic gave me a tube of it years ago. They use it on all bulb contacts. At the time 20 years ago GM was having a lot of issues with the wire contacts on tail lamps and other bulbs corroding, burning and failing. They had a big recall replacing failed tail light circuit boards. I went through all of mine adding the grease and I've never had that problem with contact failure. I never did take my Chevy Trailblazer in for the recall. Just keeps on working.

Back