Brake Fluid Exchange Tool

Looking for some type of tool to change brake fluid easily, by myself. I do have an air compressor but if there's something else out there that I don't need it, I would prefer it.

I do have a Mityvac, but the hoses don't fit the bleeder on the calipers. Maybe somehing that works with that?

Avoiding all the fancy contraptions I purchased a hydraulic check valve which I incorporated into my Gatorade bottle with magnet. This is like an external speed bleeder. This made an easy one person job. The instructions state to use the two person method until the valve is primed, I don't think this is really necessary. If you keep the bottle above the caliper no air goes into the system and the valve prevents back flow of fluid. I flushed just under a quart through my kia very quickly; taking the wheels off took most of the time. Note: it helps to purchase extra tubing from Homedepot. I ran the long tubing AFTER the check valve. I was considering replacing my brakes (only 30k at the time) but I'm glad I didn't. The full fluid replacement and bleeding helped tremendously.

I bought and used a bleeder from HF once then I went back to my old process.....wife pumping the paddle.

if motive makes an adapter for your vehicle then its a great system. unfortunately for some japanese cars like honda they don't make one so need to use the universal adapter, which i find does not work properly all the time.

i personally prefer a vac system . never had any issues .

I was going to get the Motive power bleeder, but it seems like there are so many bad reviews on Amazon. Now, I don't know what the best solution is for a brake fluid flush.

I was going to get the Motive power bleeder, but it seems like there are so many bad reviews on Amazon. Now, I don't know what the best solution is for a brake fluid flush.
The Motive works fairly well for what it is. They can also be rebuilt with new seals and tubing when those items wear out.

Back