Brake Fluid Exchange Tool

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Looking for some type of tool to change brake fluid easily, by myself. I do have an air compressor but if there's something else out there that I don't need it, I would prefer it.

I do have a Mityvac, but the hoses don't fit the bleeder on the calipers. Maybe somehing that works with that?

There is more than one "power bleeder" on the market.
They all use air pressure to push fluid into the master cylinder as you crack the bleed nipples open.

I purchased a motive pressure brake bleeder that attaches to your master cylinder and pressureizes
There is more than one "power bleeder" on the market.
They all use air pressure to push fluid into the master cylinder as you crack the bleed nipples open.
I use a Motive unit and its works great! Good brand, not that expensive and easy to use. Hardest part is getting the right adaptor to fit your master cylinder.

Didn't you get adapters with your Mityvac ? I always use the cone shaped ones.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 18-01-49 Amazon com Mityvac MVA6912 Diagnostic Adapter Kit Automotive.jpg

I bought a Speedi-Bleeder, but have not used it yet. It connects to your tire for pressure. I have used a Motive Bleeder for many years; it was the only way I could get a decent pedal in a C3 Corvette. I lent it to a friend...
1646006198641.jpg

7E007132-A1AD-40E4-ABE7-B4914F7BA334.jpeg

Motive with the power probe adapters. Go to HD and purchase the appropriate fittings.

Looking for some type of tool to change brake fluid easily, by myself. I do have an air compressor but if there's something else out there that I don't need it, I would prefer it.

I do have a Mityvac, but the hoses don't fit the bleeder on the calipers. Maybe somehing that works with that?
Just twist a piece of thin windshield washer rubber hose into the end of the plastic tubing, it should then fit the bleeder okay.

I like the simplicity of the gravity bleed process, but can’t you just zip tie the tubing onto the bleeder?

I have a steel, KD bleeder ball with adapters to fit. I'm thinking of going with a Motive.

I have a question for the Motive bleeder users. In the "how-to" videos on YT, it appears the pump sits in the brake fluid once the reservoir is filled, like a bug sprayer. When pressurizing the reservoir, where is the pressurized air introduced? I'm asking because forcing air into/thru brake fluid that's going into the brake system is kind of sketch.

There's some kind of fluid/air isolation, yes?

This is easier for me than using my Mityvac HF Brake Bleeder, and a lot faster than gravity bleeding. I use it when swapping out the brake fluid every two years, or for caliper replacements, etc. It works well, saves me a lot of time, and is easier to clean up than the Mityvac. Similar units can be found on AMZN, etc.

Y’all are over thinking it. Just get one of those one man bleeder valve kits from Amazon. It has a check valve so you can pump the brake pedal but air can’t make its way up and into the caliper.

I recall trying the Motive and having issues, but it has been a long time. I suspect a vacuum pump will always have uses for other things, so not a bad thing to have (bought mine used, wasn't going to pass that up). But I've always had issues pulling a vacuum on my system, sometimes it works great, most of the time it's just a constant stream of bubbles. Not quite ready to throw in the towel and use the 2 man method, but getting close.

Back