Boxed Havoline now available in full synthetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Brons2
I've still got about 25 5qt jugs of the Havoline Pro DS from the O'Reilly's closeout, when I finally use up all that oil, this would be a good option.

HAHA! I still have 8 jugs remaining from that sale too, such a good deal!

Good oil! I'm still running my stash of it when O'Reilly put it on clearance for $10 per 5 quart jug. I bought 6. :) I couldn't pass up full syn at that price. I would definitely buy this oil again and for my applications, 6 quarts is great.

Originally Posted by Brons2
I've still got about 25 5qt jugs of the Havoline Pro DS from the O'Reilly's closeout, when I finally use up all that oil, this would be a good option.

LOL. I bought 6 myself and I've got a couple left. It seems to be good oil. At that price I wish I'd bought even more!

There's a reason Havoline is cheap and you guys were
able to buy so many at even cheaper price due to no
sales at the close out store
Nobody but you guys buy it
Used Havoline a few times in the early 80's
Couldn't keep it in the engine
Burned it like stove wood ...³

Originally Posted by kstanf150

That was over 35 years ago. Since then Castrol was acquired by BP. Pennzoil sued Texaco for interfering with its attempt to purchase Getty Oil. Pennzoil was purchased by Royal Dutch Shell. Texaco had a joint operation with Shell/Pennzoil/Quaker State called Equilon. Texaco later merged with Chevron.

Havoline is a Chevron Lubricants product now. So exactly what does something from the early 80s have anything to do with a modern product?

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Chevron doesn't really promote it on the retail front. Their focus is more on their Quick Lube business which sees steady growth year over year. Those places include Chevron Fast Lube, Grease Monkey, Meineke, to name a few. It may be hard to believe here on BITOG but the Owners that change the oil themselves are the minority.

Now if you believe that your single personal experience extrapolates to the main reason that nobody buys Havoline then you have a unique gift.

Havoline, in Chevron's eyes also has stronger name recognition than their house brand Supreme oil. Although, as a kid growing up in the 1980s-1990s, I would remember seeing the blue bottle of Chevron oil at the gas station.

Well I have some Havoline in my stash. I keep an eye on it. When the price gets attractive and they have a rebate available I buy it. Last time I picked some up it was $16.85 with a $7 a Jug rebate. Thinking I'm going to try some of it here shortly for my summer OIC. My current Castrol Extended Performance is nearing 7500 miles.

I checked two stores within driving distance of me, none carry the BIB Havoline. I'm not ready for an OCI, but I wanted to see if it was a stocked item.

Last edited:
I just saw the 6 qt boxes at Walmart. Only conventional and semi HM boxes. Looks like my next oil change will be the semi HM unless the
syn comes in stock then.10/30 is what I would use . I have been using Delo 15/40 but like the 6 qt and price point.

Originally Posted by passgas55
I just saw the 6 qt boxes at Walmart. Only conventional and semi HM boxes. Looks like my next oil change will be the semi HM unless the
syn comes in stock then.10/30 is what I would use . I have been using Delo 15/40 but like the 6 qt and price point.

Doesn't your store have the Full Synthetic online that you can do pickup on or get mailed to your house? Mine has none in the store but it is available online.

Yes it has the full Synthetic online or in store I new on here I was just wondering as to the quailty of it in the 5w30 say vs like mobil 1 PP and castrol 5w30 as my free dealer oil changes are up

Originally Posted by DIY01
Yes it has the full Synthetic online or in store I new on here I was just wondering as to the quailty of it in the 5w30 say vs like mobil 1 PP and castrol 5w30 as my free dealer oil changes are up

Well I have nearly 2000 miles on my Havoline Pro DS 10w-30 and as far as I can tell its seems to be doing just fine I'll know more this fall when I get a UOA on it.

It's a good oil made by Chevron. Chevron also makes their own base oils and additives. You can run it with no worries.

I seen The Havoline Smart Change® t available in full synthetic In WalMarts only in Ow20 and 5W30 and order online Pick up in store free shipping on items over $35.00 and the oil for the 6 qt box was $19.97

I seen The Havoline Smart Change® t available in full synthetic In WalMarts only in Ow20 and 5W30 and order online Pick up in store free shipping on items over $35.00 and the oil for the 6 qt box was $19.97

I got 5w20 smart change from Walmart online. Free pickup at store.

Free in store pick up for me, all I got was the oil. Walked in, scanned the barcode on my phone, waited ~5 minutes while they got the box, and then I was on my way. Super easy

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Free in store pick up for me, all I got was the oil. Walked in, scanned the barcode on my phone, waited ~5 minutes while they got the box, and then I was on my way. Super easy

Our Walmart has just been remodeled, and they installed an automated store Pickup vending device in our Pickup center. I haven't used it yet, but I've seen folks walk up to it, scan their phone, and it vends them their order. As you can imagine the machine is huge - nearly touches the ceiling. Of course there will still be some items that must be picked up the traditional way.

Ours updated as well. Scan phone your name on screen then associate comes and unlocks box with your order. Reminds of oversized post office boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back