Bonuses are great but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman

Sorry, but you chose to use words that were not to be used. I kept this as a work, financial, business discussion. And it has been very civil so far. I like that.

Those were words used previously in this thread.

A bonus is nice but in the long run a decent pay raise is usually better as it builds over time and doesn't usually go down. Unless of course you get huge bonuses.....
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

More convoluted liberal logic. So the rich guy should be happy he is paying all the taxes for the other 100k..Oh wait its his income not him that is paying..despite the fact that he loses buying power and wealth bc he didn't make the money. His income made the money and then did it lose buying power?...I'm confused..as usual.

How convenient, the same amount of money suddenly is holier if it is earned by one individual and should be taxed less vs when it was earned by more people at the same time, because it suddenly becomes a payout and entitlement.

Originally Posted By: Al

I get it the rich deserve to have ore of their money taken away because they are successful. Are you a politician?

I get it, you are suggesting the rich deserve a free ride because suddenly money they earned is hard work successfully and should not be taxed, while people earning less are losers that leeches on the rich.

Despite the dollar amount earned being equal.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: andrewg

The "fair" part comes into play when an employee agrees to the contract of employer to employee. You work for a said wage, with expectations being agreed to from both sides. There is nothing unfair about a business owner not giving an employee a bonus or not no matter how well the company does. The employee's WAGE is his/her compensation.

So an employee should never get raises even if a company is doing well? Give it all to the CEO and shareholders?

The employee should ask for raises based on the skills they have shown on the job....has ZERO to do with how well a company is doing. If the employee is unsatisfied with the pay, market themselves and go find a higher paying job.

Why is that hard to grasp?

For all of you posters that think those bonuses are a bad thing, maybe try and convince those workers to just say no and give the bonuses back.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: 04SE
Money is the worst motivator for employees for more reasons than I can even begin to discuss here. I will be flamed for saying this so just go ahead and flame away.

You are correct. I've read studies that people would rather have a feeling of value and be recognized for their worth than be given money. Being told "good job" is too rare it seems.

One doesn't negate the other. It's extremely silly and idealistic to make a statement that money is a poor motivator. It's worked for centuries as just about the very BEST motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back