Im really impressed with Taylor Swift gives out 55 million in bonuses at the end of her tour

So explain how you get 7% please which since you are answering I am assuming but maybe incorrectly that your the one that came up with the 7% number. I would just like to know the math you used, if it was you.
Not sure what your reference is to her income, did anyone question that? I haven't
Your numbers are convoluted... If Forbes is correct (and ummm... I doubt they see her income tax filings either) she is most likely giving away, lets pull a number out of the air since that is what we are doing... maybe giving away 20% of her income for the year and we already know she gave away 17% or so just on this tour alone.

I just hope all the naysayers in here are giving in their lifetimes what she does in one year.
How many kids have everyone in here volunteered in a children's hospital? Education centers, soup kitchens.

How many gave to WONDERFUL St Judes for children, you dont even have to lift a finger except to go online and give 10, 15, 20% of your after income to a very worthwhile cause

Actually it's pointless to discuss, its just out of the blue numbers like manufacturered news void of fact, no matter the subject.
I think we know you think she is cheap, but I guess she knows something many in here dont know being the highest grossing performer, in like forever. :)

As I said I dont listen to her music but to call a giving person like this as cheap, well, I think ....
If you can’t do 55/740 and 55/340 then I really can’t help you. If you can’t realize that 55/1000 (they think this will be a billion dollar tour) is 5.5% then I can’t help you.

I don’t have a gift horse, and this is a discussion forum, so I get to have my opinions too….

Something tells me if the person giving the money away had different feelings about certain topics you two would have a different opinion.
That’s why I just take it to blind numbers and what that means relative to being “impressive”. Couldn’t care less who did it.

Many are far cheaper. Some perhaps aren’t. All should give more. Giving to folks who won’t fritter away or waste your money is hard. Direct payments to staff seems like a great move and was never questioned.

I wonder how many of her fans would say that rich folks should “pay their fair share” and aren’t?!?

You keep bringing up this 'pay their fair share' nonsense, trying to turn this into something it isn't.
Nope. It’s an observation of the fan base. It doesn’t have to be anything more than that if you don’t make it.

A comment on the potential hypocrisy doesn’t need to go any further than that. It’s not a matter of debate.

If you can’t do 55/740 and 55/340 then I really can’t help you. If you can’t realize that 55/1000 (they think this will be a billion dollar tour) is 5.5% then I can’t help you.

I don’t have a gift horse, and this is a discussion forum, so I get to have my opinions too….
I expected you to come back with an answer like that. That’s why I trapped you because your posts been really negative toward me and really this whole thread.

I can’t help you because you’re so jaded against anyone that does not share your thoughts and opinion.

For your information, Taylor Swift donated/paid $55 million was just part of this tour alone not her entire years donations.
So you’re applying a projected income from Forbes for the entire year of 340 million yet only taking into account the $55 million that she paid out in bonuses and excluded all the other donations she has made for the entire year. Never mind all the good acts that she has done visiting children in hospitals, helping students with their debt

BTW your words are she is projected to make 340 million dollars this year, just on this tour she gave out 55 million, so do the math. What percentage more could she have made if she wasn’t so generous with the 55 million she just gave out on this tour alone.
The answer is as I’m driving my car not down to the last percent around 15%. How are you come up with seven is beyond me.
Now that we’re at that 15% once you see her her tax returns, get back to us on all the additional money she gave out in donations to all of the charities and causes throughout the year.

If you can’t understand that, I can’t help you.
🙃
I’m glad how are you as well as others I see acts of kindness and treating people like human beings in different light then others.
Over and out 🤗

Last edited:
I expected you to come back with an answer like that. That’s why I trapped you because your posts been really negative toward me and really this whole thread.

I can’t help you because you’re so jaded against anyone that does not share your thoughts and opinion.

For your information, Taylor Swift donated $55 million was just part of this tour alone not her entire years donations.
So you’re applying a projected income from Forbes for the entire year yet only taking into account the $55 million that she paid out in bonuses and excluded all the other donations she has made for the entire year.
If you can’t understand that, I can’t help you.
You “trapped me”?!?

Is this a game of strategy? Of chess? Or a discussion board.

I cited my basis. You can speculate anything. I at least have a traceable basis of what’s going on.

I’m not jaded about anything. I gave my metric way back in my first post.

“Frankly until these folks give back to the level of living off of maybe $350k/yr, I’m not impressed. Just a PR stunt while still being totally out of touch with the rest of the population you’re profiting from. $350knis still way more than how “the other half lives”.”

Then the piling on…. But $55M. But donations. But Taylor. Ok so then more discourse, more explanation.

Let’s recall, I said it was a PR stunt. That hasn’t been disproved.

I said I wasn’t impressed. That’s my perogative.

I found her net worth and income. That’s more due diligence than anyone else did. Note the $1B only came up after you asked multiple times about the other numbers. I doubt the end state reality of her donations is much different, and the $1B tour value, yeah got it but it’s just another number to evaluate against. Without these same folks there would be no $1B tour, regardless of who gets what fractions of the money. We know TS gets around $350M per the news.

I stated my point and metrics multiple times.

And the answer always is something along the lines of “but it’s $55M”. So?

I never said it was bad

I never said it shouldn’t be done

I never said folks wouldn’t see benefit

I think we agree on those.

There really isn’t much more to this. $$55M and Taylor Swift doesn’t impress me as much as it does some others. I can question the motive and amount all I like.

I’m not interested in wasting more time on this. Specially if you think this is such an important topic that you need to “trap” me as part of the discourse.

You “trapped me”?!?

Is this a game of strategy? Of chess? Or a discussion board.

I cited my basis. You can speculate anything. I at least have a traceable basis of what’s going on.

I’m not jaded about anything. I gave my metric way back in my first post.

“Frankly until these folks give back to the level of living off of maybe $350k/yr, I’m not impressed. Just a PR stunt while still being totally out of touch with the rest of the population you’re profiting from. $350knis still way more than how “the other half lives”.”

Then the piling on…. But $55M. But donations. But Taylor. Ok so then more discourse, more explanation.

Let’s recall, I said it was a PR stunt. That hasn’t been disproved.

I said I wasn’t impressed. That’s my perogative.

I found her net worth and income. That’s more due diligence than anyone else did. Note the $1B only came up after you asked multiple times about the other numbers. I doubt the end state reality of her donations is much different, and the $1B tour value, yeah got it but it’s just another number to evaluate against. Without these same folks there would be no $1B tour, regardless of who gets what fractions of the money. We know TS gets around $350M per the news.

I stated my point and metrics multiple times.

And the answer always is something along the lines of “but it’s $55M”. So?

I never said it was bad

I never said it shouldn’t be done

I never said folks wouldn’t see benefit

I think we agree on those.

There really isn’t much more to this. $$55M and Taylor Swift doesn’t impress me as much as it does some others. I can question the motive and amount all I like.

I’m not interested in wasting more time on this. Specially if you think this is such an important topic that you need to “trap” me as part of the discourse.

Let’s keep it simple you say Taylor Swift based on Forbes is going to make $340 million this year and this year alone on one tour she just gave away $55 million in bonuses you figure out the percentage.
Once you do that, then, throw in the other donations she made two in the year as well as time spent, and figure that into your percentage as well.

Bringing up somebody’s net worth, and all the years that they have worked as well as investments, and unrealized gains is nothing more than to create a frivolous debate.
I can’t even believe I’m debating this based on made up numbers to support an argument on what somebody else should be giving away
I’m done.

Last edited:
Let’s keep it simple you say Taylor Swift based on Forbes is going to make $340 million this year and this year alone on one tour she just gave away $55 million in bonuses you figure out the percentage.
Once you do that, then, throw in the other donations she made two in the year as well as time spent, and figure that into your percentage as well.

Bringing up somebody’s net worth, and all the years that they have worked as well as investments, and unrealized gains is nothing more than to create a frivolous debate.
I can’t even believe I’m debating this or based on made up numbers to support an argument on with somebody else should be giving away
I’m done.
Thank goodness.

Read the news if you want to see the amount she’s made just from this. Do the math. Or not. Figure it out for yourself if it’s going to make a dent.

The debate isn’t frivolous. Not being able to look objectively with the facts we have (we will never have ground truth, e.g., your speculation that she donates a lot of additional money) is an issue. Difference of opinion because you think her donating money she won’t even miss is “impressive” is worthy of debate.

We can agree to disagree. I don’t have anything against you.

This is the real world about the $100k bonus. The fact is, the truckers will see about $70,000 of that $100k and most likely, about $55k up front and the other $15k at tax time when they file their taxes next year and get a massive refund. Anyone who has ever had a substantial bonus knows this.
Depends on how it is distributed. If the money is gifted, the giver pays gift tax; the recipient gets the full amount.
If it is a bonus, then it's income.

I don’t care what her political beliefs are and I couldn’t tell you one line from one of her songs, but good on her and good for them. That money may be a drop in the bucket for her, but for the recipients, it COULD be life changing.
The thing is, I don’t live in her head, so I won’t pretend to know if her actions were an act of genuine gratitude or a PR stunt. I do know one thing, she didn’t have to do it at all.
Yep - guy at work had a daughter who danced on tour with her - she had good things to say about TS … She traveled with others singers who would not give you the time of day …

Late to the party but how anyone can think this is anything but a generous act is confusing to me. Who cares about her politics, music, upbringing, dating life, fair share, or anything else? She is giving a substantial amount of money to people that helped her make a giant amount of money. She didn’t have to, those truck drivers and other employees were doing this for pay before any hint of a bonus. A trucker making $80k getting a $100k bonus is very fortunate and I’d bet most if not all are grateful to get it.

The owners of my company make more than me. I don’t get upset when they provide a bonus that isn’t a large chunk of their total income, I’m thankful.

☢️☢️☢️

Late to the party but how anyone can think this is anything but a generous act is confusing to me. Who cares about her politics, music, upbringing, dating life, fair share, or anything else? She is giving a substantial amount of money to people that helped her make a giant amount of money. She didn’t have to, those truck drivers and other employees were doing this for pay before any hint of a bonus. A trucker making $80k getting a $100k bonus is very fortunate and I’d bet most if not all are grateful to get it.

The owners of my company make more than me. I don’t get upset when they provide a bonus that isn’t a large chunk of their total income, I’m thankful.
Well said,
You know, I thought about this thread when I just read Jeff Bezos is giving 100 million dollars to the island of Maui to help in the recovery efforts.
Good for him and Maui. I wonder if anyone would trash him for donating such as low amount of his 161 BILLION Dollars of net worth. 100 million to him is pocket change, less than pocket change.

Yet people point out and trash Taylor Swift giving as little as 55 million to people who worked on her tour.

I say good for both of them. But clearly Taylor has truly given a significant portion of her proceeds to ordinary people who worked on her tour.

Well said,
You know, I thought about this thread when I just read Jeff Bezos is giving 100 million dollars to the island of Maui to help in the recovery efforts.
Good for him and Maui. I wonder if anyone would trash him for donating such as low amount of his 161 BILLION Dollars of net worth. 100 million to him is pocket change, less than pocket change.

Yet people point out and trash Taylor Swift giving as little as 55 million to people who worked on her tour.

I say good for both of them. But clearly Taylor has truly given a significant portion of her proceeds to ordinary people who worked on her tour.
I read that Taylor donates a lot to food banks along her tour stops.

Well said,

Trying to “trap” me again with your comments?

Sure, he could give more to Maui. Another objective statement. Has the means. Do you think he can ever spend it on consumer goods for himself in a lifetime?

That said, he gave it for what reason? Humanitarianism?

I doubt that his net worth is because of the number of Prime members on Maui.

That’s a far cry from TS making bank on the backs of her staff and giving what she gave, which, for the umpteenth time, is a nice move but doesn’t have to “impress me” (per your initial premise).

TS gave money to the people who made her $Billion dollar tour, which helped increase her net worth by $340M (all traceable).

Bezos gave a big sum to a place that was incredibly dubious to have made the slightest dent in his net worth.

Apples to oranges. Sorry.

I’m neither a fan or hater of JB or TS, BTW.

@Al

What’s your point? This was supposedly about Bezos now. Why edit what you quoted?

I couldn’t care less about these people. Why would that be hard for you to comprehend? This is a discussion forum… I don’t have to be as “impressed” as others. Then OP changes the scenario. I gave my perspective as to why it was different. Very simple.

TS made a non-blood relative of mine VERY rich because he was her producer. What bone do I have to pick? Huh? It could have been anyone else. Bezos in the updated case.

So, what’s your point? This is a discussion forum, no?

Trying to “trap” me again with your comments?

Sure, he could give more to Maui. Another objective statement. Has the means. Do you think he can ever spend it on consumer goods for himself in a lifetime?

That said, he gave it for what reason? Humanitarianism?

I doubt that his net worth is because of the number of Prime members on Maui.

That’s a far cry from TS making bank on the backs of her staff and giving what she gave, which, for the umpteenth time, is a nice move but doesn’t have to “impress me” (per your initial premise).

TS gave money to the people who made her $Billion dollar tour, which helped increase her net worth by $340M (all traceable).

Bezos gave a big sum to a place that was incredibly dubious to have made the slightest dent in his net worth.

Apples to oranges. Sorry.

I’m neither a fan or hater of JB or TS, BTW.
Answers to the above;
1. *LOL* no not trying to trap you, in fact didnt even mention your name

2.I have no idea what BEZO spending has to do with anything. Pointless to me but I can think of a boat he just bought for 500 million dollars though. That is just the boat, not the support boats and equipment.

3. Humanitarianism? or publicity?

4. What does his net worth have to do from prime members on Maui? The man makes 2.2 Billion a week, you dont think he made 100 Million off the backs of people in Hawaii?

5. On the "backs of her staff"
Do you have a job? This questions to me are bazaar, I mean, really. Cant believe I am responding but will no longer respond. BTW- most all the money goes to people who work for other companies that worked on her tour.

6. Agree!! Taylor richly awarded the staff of companies who worked on her tour! Her income of 340 million was a tremendous success story for the people. Is there something wrong with making 340 million dollars for a 2023 music tour? and Bezos makes 78 Billion in the same time frame. She gave her staff 55 million but it wasnt her staff most all of it was other companies staff.

7. A big sum of money to a "place that was incredibly dubious to have made the slightest dent in his net worth"?
*LOL* Really? the state of Hawaii is not important to him and also the publicity he got world wide as he traveled around and entertains in is ONE BILLION dollars worth of ships and crews?

Lucky I can no longer respond to you, this is so nuts. Some of your questions to me and your words. Such as Taylor Swift sentence that contains = "
That’s a far cry from TS making bank on the backs of her staff
I dont mind a good debate but reading words like this and these questions posed to me and the assumption my post was directed at you specifically ... just read your own words "backs of her staff" is crazy... and Jeff Bezos and all his workers which he makes over TWO BILLION DOLLARS a week off the backs of his staff? You know, all those happy warehouse workers and such?

I too have nothing against anyone who donates money. I bought up Bezo to compare what seemed like crazy remarks disparaging Taylor Swift for giving generous bonuses to the various company employees who worked on her tour.
Taylor Swift made 340 millions dollars and gave out 55 million to other companies employees who worked on her tour.
Jeff Bezos is making 78 billion and giving 100 million to people in Hawaii...

Good for the both of them, percentage was on a scale I dont care to calculate Taylor Swift gave out a significant amount of her one year tours income, Bezo gave away what he makes in 12 hours.
Good for the both of them.

Last edited:
Back