Best filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram Ultra is a very good oil filter for the $...

Probably the best oil filter for the $...

I have seen pictures of them with 2 or 3 OCI on them and they look perfect....

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: goodtimes

I was only pointing out it is not liked to find any fault with Fram Ultra or heaven forbid it lost a real world efficiency test.
smile.gif

There have been a few Ultra cartridge filters with issues, and 1 or 2 mention of a spin-on, but far and few between.

It's pretty evident that the Ultra is hard to beat. So until something better comes along it's going to be liked by many members here. And as I said, there are other good filters out there that are close for those people who for some reason hate the Fram brand.

But because I don't seem to agree with you all the time doesn't warrant getting into a badmouth mode. There are reasons I don't agree, because I see things technically different than you at times - so what.
smile.gif

I don't know where you are talking about bad mouth mode. Something I am not prone to do, ever. I just think it's OK to point out Fram Ultra probs. equally to others. I don't care what brand is shown I am looking at the picture or description only from a factual perspective.
tired.gif

I don't know where you are talking about bad mouth mode. Something I am not prone to do, ever. I just think it's OK to point out Fram Ultra probs. equally to others. I don't care what brand is shown I am looking at the picture or description only from a factual perspective.
tired.gif

Same here, but you seem to get bent out of shape if I say something technically that doesn't agree with your viewpoint, then you cry about how I never say anything bad about Frams. That's your badmouthing. And if I see a problem with a Fram or any other brand I say so ... you should know that, you've been on this board a long time.

Originally Posted By: David1
Fram Ultra is a very good oil filter ... I have seen pictures of them with 2 or 3 OCI on them and they look perfect....
That's believable, but most other filters would also "look perfect" under the same conditions. Most of the basic Purolators (ancestor of their "Classic") I dissected in the 80s and 90s with around 18k miles looked almost perfect. So does the Denso cartridge I replaced at similar mileage a few months ago. There's nothing to see, aside from a few tiny carbon particles near the bottom of each crease.

tired.gif

Same here, but you seem to get bent out of shape if I say something technically that doesn't agree with your viewpoint, then you cry about how I never say anything bad about Frams. That's your badmouthing. And if I see a problem with a Fram or any other brand I say so ... you should know that, you've been on this board a long time.

Find an example of me "bad mouthing" you or anyone else. Saying you never do this, is not bad mouthing. In fact it's something I can't stand when people do it. I don't. Just to defend myself this time.

Find an example of me "bad mouthing" you or anyone else. Saying you never do this, is not bad mouthing. In fact it's something I can't stand when people do it. I don't. Just to defend myself this time.

You're whinning and being negative with comments because I disagree with some of your observations - to me that is badmouthing someone. Just like you bringing up that I didn't say anything against what you thought was an off centered ADBV on a Fram now comes up again here which obviously shows that you are bothered by it. Gotta let stuff go and get back into those "goodtimes".
wink.gif

You're whinning and being negative with comments because I disagree with some of your observations - to me that is badmouthing someone. Just like you bringing up that I didn't say anything against what you thought was an off centered ADBV on a Fram now comes up again here which obviously shows that you are bothered by it. Gotta let stuff go and get back into those "goodtimes".
wink.gif

Have no idea where you are coming up with all that whining and other things. Maybe you meant winning. There is nothing to let go, it means nothing, all of it, oil, oil filters. Reading here is a way to avoid chores and doing something constructive. It can be an addiction too. That can be a whole topic and a pretty good one too.

Have no idea where you are coming up with all that whining and other things. Maybe you meant winning.

Your quote below is you whinning in this thread about something discussed in a previous thread about what you thought looked like an offset ADBV on a new Fram TG cut open by car51. Since I didn't see it the same way you did, you got bent out of shape because you think I don't say anything bad about Frams - not the first time either. If you dig deep enough you'd find I have pointed out issues if there is one.

So not "winning" at much except what's in your imagination.
grin.gif

You never do this, but try pointing out something on a Fram like an off center adbv and see what happens. Even when there is a clear picture of it.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
ZeeOSix,

whining - to complain.
whinning - not a word.

He is making fun of your typo.

LoL - yeah, still a whiner regardless of the spelling being correct or not. Thanks for the correction though.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
ZeeOSix,

whining - to complain.
whinning - not a word.

He is making fun of your typo.

LoL - yeah, still a whiner regardless of the spelling being correct or not. Thanks for the correction though.

Interesting. Calling someone a whiner is definitely "bad mouthing." But saying someone never seems to say anything looks wrong with a Fram oil filter is not "bad mouthing." That's why I think you mean winner, not "whinner", because you would never "bad mouth" anyone.

Bye bye, you "whinn" and get a gold star.
laugh.gif

Dude, put me on ignore if you don't like my comments that don't always seem to agree with yours - do you need some kind of validation? But don't whine and badmouth about it, which seems to be your underlying MO because you think someone can't say anything bad about Frams or doesn't see things like you. You've apparently missed the few times I have made negatve comments about Frams over the last 7 years.

I would never say anything negative about a product without first hand experience. My problem with Fram is the uber thin cans. My friend came over for me to do an oil change on her car today. She supplied a jug of PP (good choice) and a Fram TG (current new packaging part number TG7317). I went to install the filter and I literally smushed the can with my bare hands. I was like what the [censored]?? Really makes me wonder what would happen to it if a piece of road debris or rock bounced up and hit it square on. In good faith I couldn't leave that on her car. So since it was me that messed it up,I went and bought her a proper filter at Napa (I would've got an oem but the dealership is closed today. It's for her Honda,part number 2-OHD001. I swear,this filter is heavy and built like a tank! Looks identical to a Honda oem but is a little heavier. Bonus is that it's about $2 cheaper than the TG.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I would never say anything negative about a product without first hand experience. My problem with Fram is the uber thin cans. My friend came over for me to do an oil change on her car today. She supplied a jug of PP (good choice) and a Fram TG (current new packaging part number TG7317). I went to install the filter and I literally smushed the can with my bare hands. I was like what the [censored]?? Really makes me wonder what would happen to it if a piece of road debris or rock bounced up and hit it square on. In good faith I couldn't leave that on her car. So since it was me that messed it up,I went and bought her a proper filter at Napa (I would've got an oem but the dealership is closed today. It's for her Honda,part number 2-OHD001. I swear,this filter is heavy and built like a tank! Looks identical to a Honda oem but is a little heavier. Bonus is that it's about $2 cheaper than the TG.

Just had a problem with a Bosch Premium filter when I put the cap wrench on the bottom of the can it just smeared the metal rather than grip it. Had to use some filter pliers to get it off. No more Bosch filters their done I don't have the time to do hour filter changes!

Timmer,

Welcome sir! If you decide to go with the Ultra, you can find them for 4.40 each, if you buy six or more on ebay. Something to consider. Every one has a preference. Good hunting!

Cheers,

Pajero

Thanks to all of you, I think I"ll give the Fram Ultra a try next OC, sounds like folks like them here so that's more than good enough for me.....Thanks again for all the knowledge on the subject....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back