Best Dishwasher In The $500-$700 Range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pulled out a three year old leaking POS Ikea (builder-grade Whirlpool) dishwasher what came with the house with a brand new Bosch. Had a Bosch at the old house we sold and have greatly missed it.

Once again back to getting dishes clean, without drama, load after load.

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
We have a Bosch Ascenta purchased in 2014. Think it was around $600 on sale. Doing well with no repairs required. In your price range from Lowe's. Went that route because my previous boss had very good experience with his Bosch dishwasher.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Get a Bosch on a seasonal sale. Best bet by far.

Lots of people recommending Bosch. I'll add my hat to this as well. We've had a Bosch dishwasher for about 4 or 5 years now, and it has always done a great job.

We recently replaces our 8 year old Whirlpool with a new Bosch 300 series model. We absolutely love it. It cleans like you wouldn't believe. You can actually hear some of the dishes moving about in their tines because of the high water pressure. Some of the new Whirlpool machines are compared to "peeing" on the dishes because of their anemic pressure. This machine cleans everything we throw at it. You can get the cheaper Ascenta model and it should suit you well. Our new machine uses less water and energy, is far quieter, and has incredible cleaning performance. One note though, be sure to use rinse aid. It certainly helps with drying. The racks take some time to get used to, but I find that I can fit more in this machine than the one that it replaced. Bosch machines also have a water leak feature that prevents flooring damage. Look for one on sale to sweeten the deal. Let me know if you have any questions.

I had Bosch in our old home. This house we started out with Kitchen Aid and now have an LG Quadwash. This is by far our favorite dishwasher of many. This is quieter than our bosch as well as better cleaning. It also does not use a heater element to dry which make it very efficient. It also has a built in filter instead of a grinder which should make for less problems. Lowes runs some good deals, buy online and throw down a coupon code for added savings, another 10% off.

I have a 15 year old GE. Stainless outside, plastic inside. Works fine. Have had its electronics jam up on me twice. Once it was letting out a high pitched noise and just last week the button lit up funny and the controls wouldn't work. Both times a reset by turning the circuit breaker off and back on fixed it.

Seven years ago bought a Bosch becaused it was quiet, but it had no heat cycle, air dry only....did not like that at all and returned it for a Kitchenaid which has been great, heat dry's, can unload soon after.

GE Appliances are no longer the same company as they were for so many years.

In 2016 the appliance division was sold to HAIER a Chinese company. Don’t know what the quality will be like going forward. About 12 years ago I bought a Haier window A/C unit and a small frig. Both were unacceptable and were both returned shortly after purchase.

I can’t say much for LG appliances either. Out LG frig is always acting up. I recently had to install a new water valve and the parts store that I bought it from said they tell customers to stay away from LG. They feel Whirlpool and subsidiaries make good equipment. I have had nothing but good service with all my Whirpool etc appliances over the last 20 years.

Last edited:
We bought a Bosch back in January to replace a JUNK Design DEFECT Maytag.

We LOVE it. Cleans better than any dishwasher we have ever had. Installation is so much better than the maytag, and you can just tell its engineered better.

Bosch replaced JUNK maytag.

Time will tell.

We still use it for at least 10 loads a week. Sometimes more.

We will see how she holds up.

Buy the Bosch. 3rd rack is awesome.

Maytag
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back