Avoiding rust in the rust belt states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
My plan on dealing with rust is having vehicles sprayed yearly with CarWell or similar until I move to Delaware. This year it was twice for my truck.

Those sorts of protections are necessary in Delaware as well...

Regarding GM frame wax, my 98 S-10 has some spots where the wax had dried and flaked off. Wanted to keep those spots covered, and decide how to best deal with it.

I sprayed pblaster corrosion stop in the summer, it's holding up great. No signs of damage to the frame wax. It was not a complete job. Rather, I sprayed it in a few spots just to see how it would last in a wheelwell.

I can manipulate the pblaster product, but no apparent damage to the wax underneath it. Moving or spreading the coating does not expect the wax underneath.

I also did some tests on a boat trailer frame, need to find those pics...

It's some sort of fluid clear product, reminds me of petroleum jelly in a lower viscosity.

[Linked Image]

I don't think I've ever noticed the wax on a late 90s blazer/Jimmy/s10. Around here the frames are usually either completely encrusted in surface rust or they're completely soaked in oil. I'm guessing the wax doesn't hold up as long in our climate. My friend's 98 Jimmy had a hole in the frame last year which needed to be patched but then it blew a brake line and got in an accident and wrote off.

It has been oil sprayed every year by krown but they are notoriously bad for missing lots of spots underneath here in our city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back