Average wedding in America $ 25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: grampi
I got to share in the events that will be fondly remembered as the best day of my daughter's lives, and her mother and I are the ones who made it so...

Like I keep saying...you spend 20 years (with Disney et al) creating a scanario, and deliver on it....brainwashing.

The "BEST" day of her life would, I hope be another day than that.

Didn't you take your kids to Disney on your honeymoon...or did I miss something from your previous post with wedding pics?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I got to share in the events that will be fondly remembered as the best day of my daughter's lives, and her mother and I are the ones who made it so...

Like I keep saying...you spend 20 years (with Disney et al) creating a scanario, and deliver on it....brainwashing.

Car guys on an oil forum discussing how a woman should and should not feel. This is rich.

this IS rich. comedy and drama, at the same time. another of zzman's entertaining threads.keep 'em coming.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Car guys on an oil forum discussing how a woman should and should not feel. This is rich.

I'm sure that Grampi's daughter and her husband have many more moments together, that may well include "the best day of their collective lives".

Grampi has defined that moment...I was providing counter.

I should hope that the birth of Grampi's daughter's first child should trump Grampi's assessment of what her best day was...but it will certianly not trump his day of importance there.

bTW, you used the phrase "poor grampi" that's derogatory, he's not.

So you’re splitting hairs like everyone else on BITOG?

This is comical.

I have only been married once, back in 1987 (divorced in 1993). We were married in a KC Hall by a JOTP. My sister was a cake maker, so my wedding cake and grooms cake were FREE. The JOTP was $50, KC Hall was $100, we had 3 kegs, misc. hard liquor, misc. Coke beverages, all kind of h'orderves, jambalaya, crawfish etouffee', and my favorite, Swedish meatballs. I "THINK" everything all together cost about $600.
When we did the money dance, my X received over $400 pinned onto her, me, a little over $300. We went to PO FOLKS restaurant in Baton Rouge in my '68 Fastback Impala, and then back to our mobile home.
Oh, BTW, she was 6 months pregnant.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I have only been married once, back in 1987 (divorced in 1993).

I'll give you credit for not making the same mistake twice.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Al

cheers3.gif

I had dated my X in high school. We broke up towards the end of my senior year. We then got back together after I did BT and Infantry AIT/school. She was an alcoholic (which I never knew until after we were married). This is the MAIN reason I got sole parental custody of my son. I raised him on my own since he was 6 years old.

We went to PO FOLKS restaurant

I remember eating at those in the mid 80s. What ever happened to them?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

I don't know, but their food was just as good, or better than CRACKER BARREL, and a lot cheaper. PO FOLKS was some good ole down home country made food!
20.gif

I don't know, but their food was just as good, or better than CRACKER BARREL, and a lot cheaper. PO FOLKS was some good ole down home country made food!
20.gif

They made a phenomenal chicken fried steak!!
11.gif

20.gif

They made a phenomenal chicken fried steak!!
11.gif

Aw man, that was my FAVORITE dish! Every time the wife and I would go there to eat I told her, "I'm going to order a different entree tonight." I'll be darned if I didn't order the chicken fried steak, EVERY TIME!
grin.gif

cheers3.gif

I had dated my X in high school. We broke up towards the end of my senior year. We then got back together after I did BT and Infantry AIT/school. She was an alcoholic (which I never knew until after we were married). This is the MAIN reason I got sole parental custody of my son. I raised him on my own since he was 6 years old.

You are good man. You have my respect sir. And thanks for your service.
34.gif

I must say, for as long as this thread is, it does have some good insights and stories...

Shows how different we are, and yes- in a good way...

cheers3.gif

You are good man. You have my respect sir. And thanks for your service.
34.gif

Thank you sir. There's more to the story/reason I received sole parental custody. Put it this way, she WAS NOT ALLOWED to see him, mail him, call him, be within 1K' of him, until he was 18, OR, was to get help for her drinking/drug habit, then which she could have supervised visitation. To this day she's still an alcoholic and has a nose problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back