Automotive manufacturers websites

I’m currently looking to buy a new car and I’m in no hurry. I’ve been perusing the websites of various companies and while many are pretty straightforward none compare to the rabbit hole that is Mazda. I feel they have too many trim levels and common options like heated steering wheels and rain sensing wipers are placed on the top trim levels. Additionally they’re launching the “new” CX 70 which appears to be a two row CX 90 to add to the already crowded line of other near identical SUVs. I’m not sure how much finer they can split a hair but I leave their website with a headache.
VW and Toyota seem to have more distinct models and the top trim levels have more to do with upgrading sound systems and interior seating finishes and auto dimming mirrors.
Base VW GTI has heated steering wheel, rain sensing wiper and power folding mirrors at 30k where as my almost 60k 2023 Grand Cherokee only has a heated steering wheel. I love rain sensing wipers and never imagined it would not have this until the first time it rained. That’s on me but still ridiculous at that price point.
Another thing I’ve noticed as that Mazda models seem to be the smallest vehicle in their respective categories.
At this point I’m not sure what direction to go.

You should head over the Mazda dealer and drive one. Your buying a car not a website.

I do agree they have too many options and are smallest in their class. Some people probably like that.
I will go eventually once a get my bearings as to what I’m looking at. I have Lexus/Toyota, VW/Audi, BMW and a couple others trim packages down by heart and makes walking the lots easier.
I’ve got a lot of studying to do with Mazda though and I’m 6’3” and 250 so size is important to me somewhat at least in the front seat area as no one will likely be in the back seat.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear the feedback complaints on buying a new vehicle. I've heard that offering too many options can often confuse people & that seems to be the case so there must be some truth to that.

Back