Air Impact Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
For the shade tree mechanic do not rule out the cordless impact wrenches, especially if you do not have a big compressor.

Cordless impacts are a consideration, but you won't find a reasonable equivalent of an Aircat 1150 (which will be my next air gun purchase).

Also don't rule out smaller compressors. I used my 1/2" impact for several years with a 10gal, 2/3HP oiled compressor. I upgraded all the fittings to high-flow, set the kick-on a little higher and the only downside was waiting for the recharge. But I got a ton of work done faster and easier, compared to the breaker bar.

My air guns are an IR 2132G 1/2" and a Astro Nano 1828 3/8". The IR is/was not a forum favorite, and not available any more, but it meets my needs and I'll keep using it until it breaks down. It's quiet and once I stopped using motor oil and used air gun oil and switched to high flow fittings, hits hard and always does the job. It'll spin the rusty lug nuts off of my truck in one hit each, on setting 1 out of 5. The Nano gets in tight spaces, especially with the new Nano shorty sockets I picked up for it.

My advice is, along with the other specs to pay attention to the decibel ratings. The 231C may be a classic, but it's really hard on the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back