corded impact wrench

Strange to me that one of these is rated at 1050 ftlb, while the other is only 300. Yet the power requirement looks like 1A different.

I bought a corded impact as my first. It was ok for lug bolts but was pretty weak. The battery operated units are far superior of course.

I’d give the old Craftsman air impact a try on something first. Verify its specs.

Definitely get the heavy wall socket too.
Both the Milwaukee and the Bauer in the links I included are 300 FT/LB. The Bauer list 1050 break away torque, the Milwaukee does not give a spec for breakaway torque.
I will probably try the Craftsman first. I do have the Lisle socket ordered.
I did find a Kobalt corded impact and at least one video of it breaking loose a Honda crank bolt.
Kobalt corded impact wrench

Oh ya. Neither of those will touch a Honda crank bolt. My IR231with unregulated 140 psi and a weighted socket won't take one off.
Yep, some of those bolts can be really stubborn. I have the special sockets for Honda crank bolts since a lot of my family/friends drive Hondas and I service them. The last one I did on a friend's 2000 1.6L Civic I had to go get a 3/4" air impact, my battery 1/2" Dewalt and my 1/2" Craftsman air impact wouldn't budge the crank bolt.

I did a timing belt on my sisters '80's something Hundog. Manual trans also, feet on brakes assistant in gear I still was turning the crank. Multiple 1/2'' impacts on a big compressor didn't' faze it.
Big Ridgid strap wrench on the pulley and big breaker bar was the solution.

I’m not sure where I saw the video, but the heavier socket has more inertia than a regular impact and made all the difference using the same impact wrench.

Buy a good cordless impact and use it for rotations, suspension work etc…I have an old Craftsman 19.2 volt with the old NiCad batteries and it was gutless. But I bought Lithium battery and charger off of Amazon and it really made a difference. I even used the impact to drive huge lag screws into really wet 6x6s for a dock project.
Not just more inertia, but less socket flex eating away at the generated torque

Both the Milwaukee and the Bauer in the links I included are 300 FT/LB. The Bauer list 1050 break away torque, the Milwaukee does not give a spec for breakaway torque.
I will probably try the Craftsman first. I do have the Lisle socket ordered.
I did find a Kobalt corded impact and at least one video of it breaking loose a Honda crank bolt.
Kobalt corded impact wrench
Breakaway torque is the most useless number there is, pure worthless advertising.

Back