Accident tonight

Thankful you're OK. What happened to you is why if I'm first at a red light I give a 2-3 count while look hard before going. If people behind me don't like it tough.
Saw a stat years ago saying that if everyone did so, road fatalities would drop 20%. No way for me to verify this though.

That's rebuildable in Tajikistan, but no insurance company in the USA or Canada will touch that. I'd personally take the person who hit you to court and seek prison time. Heck go after them financially for everything they have. It might make them reconsider their bad Choices in life.
All the likely
Thankful you're OK. What happened to you is why if I'm first at a red light I give a 2-3 count while look hard before going. If people behind me don't like it tough.
we did the same, paused, looked both directions, saw stopped cars, and then the kid flew through the intersection and BAM!

Glad you’re ok! It’s reasons like this I stopped riding motorcycles. Doesn’t matter how good you are. One idiot running a red light and you’re dead.

I don’t think driving uninsured should result in an incarceration, but if that person is it fault, at minimum they should be indebted to the other victims. Poor? Too bad, you made the decision. You break it. You buy it.

It was an accident. We don't put people in prison for causing accidents unless they were under the influence or committed gross negligence resulting in death.
Unbelieveable. A person chooses to run a red light and and put others at great risk. Getting hit by lightning or a falling tree while driving is an accident.

All the likely

we did the same, paused, looked both directions, saw stopped cars, and then the kid flew through the intersection and BAM!
This. Ten years ago or so My light turned green. I looked over and a guy coming to my left wasn't stopping. He blew through the light.

So you're saying it was an "on purpose" and someone consciously decided to risk death and purposely ran the light to get into a wreck?
Yes. The light was red, meaning they should not proceed through the intersection. They knowingly ignored it, and consequently hit the OP, showing a complete disregard for the lives of others. When I was an insurance adjuster, if someone ran a red light and caused a crash, they were 100% at fault.

Yes. The light was red, meaning they should not proceed through the intersection. They knowingly ignored it, and consequently hit the OP, showing a complete disregard for the lives of others. When I was an insurance adjuster, if someone ran a red light and caused a crash, they were 100% at fault.
Yes their fault but there was no mention that they knowingly ignored the red light as opposed to did not see it.

Back