Talk to me about dashcams

I have a Rexing V3 in the older F150. It has forward and aft (cabin) cameras, along with an adequate screen.

Good video quality. Saved me from quite a hassle when my wife changed lanes into another vehicle on I95. Her fault, but the other driver lied so badly, the video was a huge help.

I have a number of off brand dash cams, they are all not worthwhile.

I had a Lukas LK7900 dash cam (which is now bricked as I tried to update the firmware and bricked it) that thing had the best video quality.

GUEST_4424774a-ef32-4cdc-9971-5b2785ceaead

Last edited:
I want the type of dashcam where it's also a rearview mirror, as in you remove your existing rear view mirror and install the dashcam in it's place. I figure it's less likely to get stolen that way. And I already have a power feed to the mirror.

Love this thread. I live on a narrow, windy road with no center line and lots of knuckleheads don’t know how to move over. I have the OEM Tesla cam and always engaged the Corvette’s data recorder when driving but may want to get one for my wife’s Suburbabn. I have already sent a clip of an accident the Tesla caught to both parties. Having worked in insurance, I appreciated a solid witness or video evidence so I felt obligated to stop and share.

The Problem with Linus Tech Tips: Accuracy, Ethics, & Responsibility​

LTT got themselves in some hot water (the Billet Labs water block video followed by doubling down on it, the linus rant on the LTT forums about it, putting in captions instead of reshooting a video to correct wrong info), they took a week off with absolutely zero videos posted, and came back with vastly changed policies regarding how they do everything.

Back