Accident tonight

We started turning left with a green arrow and got hit by a red light runner with no insurance. Do you think this is repairable or totaled? Pretty sure there is frame damage because the trunk won’t open.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 291
I certainly hope that everyone involved is OK!
Fixing vehicles today is difficult since there are so many sensors to get right and hope that their are no electrical gremlins in the future. Plus the front end may never be right and the car could be a tire eater, an overheated and a CEL mess the rest of the vehicles life. I'm sure the insurance will total out the vehicle.

We started turning left with a green arrow and got hit by a red light runner with no insurance. Do you think this is repairable or totaled? Pretty sure there is frame damage because the trunk won’t open.
That's rebuildable in Tajikistan, but no insurance company in the USA or Canada will touch that. I'd personally take the person who hit you to court and seek prison time. Heck go after them financially for everything they have. It might make them reconsider their bad Choices in life.

Keep the car's value under $15K (UIM property damage max limit, for me), hope they can't get out & run away, and the car is "stolen". A common occurrence here in the Nasty 'Nati.
I might have uninsured motorist coverage, I don't know. I should probably check.

Is there any data available regarding uninsured motorists?
In all crashes reported, how many parties (expressed as a percentage) are uninsured?
I ask so I can "insurance shop" smarter.

Is that a Corolla?

Is there any data available regarding uninsured motorists?
In all crashes reported, how many parties (expressed as a percentage) are uninsured?
I ask so I can "insurance shop" smarter.

Is that a Corolla?
It was a camry.

I certainly hope that everyone involved is OK!
Fixing vehicles today is difficult since there are so many sensors to get right and hope that their are no electrical gremlins in the future. Plus the front end may never be right and the car could be a tire eater, an overheated and a CEL mess the rest of the vehicles life. I'm sure the insurance will total out the vehicle.
Everybody involved lived, but a passenger in the other car left in an ambulance, there car rolled once airborne and again after landing. If I had been quicker out the gate I would have been dead.

Back