Accident tonight

Is there any data available regarding uninsured motorists?
In all crashes reported, how many parties (expressed as a percentage) are uninsured?
I ask so I can "insurance shop" smarter.

Is that a Corolla?
Anecdotal evidence but the past 5 years I worked as a State Trooper before retirement I worked average of 20 vehicle crashes per week. Being conservative, I'd say 30%(ish) were no insurance and/or hit and run which was generally due to no insurance.

So did they basically just slice the front off you car?
They ran the red light going 65+ as we were turning left and we were going around 20 mph just starting off from the green arrow light.

After colliding, we were pushed 90 degrees, but saw their vehicle go airborne, flip, land then flip again. It happened so fast that I don’t recall how we initially hit. I have requested video from a DOT intersection camera that should give more insight.

Anecdotal evidence but the past 5 years I worked as a State Trooper before retirement I worked average of 20 vehicle crashes per week. Being conservative, I'd say 30%(ish) were no insurance and/or hit and run which was generally due to no insurance.
Don't they get caught once the car overheats/breaks down shortly after?

Oh and I almost forgot, I would most definitely have some kind of injury. Ambulance chaser where are you? 😁
It’s not as glamorous as the ads make it out to be.

A coworker’s husband works in Defense and she told us about a case. Plaintiff started at $4 mil, latest $100k. She said husband recommended $20k or trial. Imagine being willing to do all that and pocket $13k. Defendant spent multiples of it already for defense. Like a game.

I find it amazing that people take the chance and drive uninsured and even more amazing that uninsured drivers drive like idiots. Bring them to court and throw the book at them.

I find it amazing that people take the chance and drive uninsured and even more amazing that uninsured drivers drive like idiots. Bring them to court and throw the book at them.
They are young and broke. It would cost me more than I would receive to bring a case to them. PD said on top of the tickets that they would get a 25K bill to redo the cable guard system in the median.

No such thing as an "accident" only negligence, in this case running a red light.
This ^^^

There is no such thing as an accident as that would be implying an Act of God that couldn't be avoided because it was an Act of God. No this was a "crash" because of an Act of Man which could have been avoided if someone didn't have their head up their ass or was paying attention.

Back