2022 NHL playoff predictions

So much for canes’

And then there were 4

I’m going Oilers in 7
Also going Lightning in 6

Any takers?

I agree with you @53' Stude I’m pulling for an Oilers win. It will be tough but hopefully the top line can keep it up.

On a side note @BeerCan Carolina didn’t have goalie issues they had penalty issues. On top of that their power play was dismal in the playoffs. It was the best in the regular season. Difficult to win when you are short handed.

Just my $0.02

I agree with you @53' Stude I’m pulling for an Oilers win. It will be tough but hopefully the top line can keep it up.

On a side note @BeerCan Carolina didn’t have goalie issues they had penalty issues. On top of that their power play was dismal in the playoffs. It was the best in the regular season. Difficult to win when you are short handed.

Just my $0.02
Agree 100% the Canes special teams were dreadful. They lost because of that as well. I change my answer :)

Agree 100% the Canes special teams were dreadful. They lost because of that as well. I change my answer :)
Glad to hear it lol. I’m a long time goalie and had a son who was a goalie. It’s easy to blame goalies but when I was coaching youth hockey I didn’t allow that to happen. I always asked the kids what happened to the other 5 players on the ice….? Why is it the goalies fault? Now granted there are some goals that should be stopped.

Just my $0.02

Glad to hear it lol. I’m a long time goalie and had a son who was a goalie. It’s easy to blame goalies but when I was coaching youth hockey I didn’t allow that to happen. I always asked the kids what happened to the other 5 players on the ice….? Why is it the goalies fault? Now granted there are some goals that should be stopped.

Just my $0.02
I was not blaming the goalies play per se, just referencing the injuries. Andersen out, Raanta out when they needed him the most. Kochetkov didn't have a chance at that point in the game I think and the first goal they scored on him set the tone and probably got in his head.

Who's your favorite goalie of all time? BTW I played in goal once in a tourney. We won but I was terrified the whole game, our goalie went down and we had no backup. Thankfully my team was lights out and I faced very few shots.

I was not blaming the goalies play per se, just referencing the injuries. Andersen out, Raanta out when they needed him the most. Kochetkov didn't have a chance at that point in the game I think and the first goal they scored on him set the tone and probably got in his head.

Who's your favorite goalie of all time? BTW I played in goal once in a tourney. We won but I was terrified the whole game, our goalie went down and we had no backup. Thankfully my team was lights out and I faced very few shots.

I was a huge Patrick Roy fan as a kid growing up. I have lots of favorites though. Brodeur, Mike Smith, Fleury, Cam Talbot and Price to name a few.

Being a leaf fan it’s been difficult but Campbell has impressed me for the money he makes.

Just my $0.02

GEAUX LIGHTNING! 3 PEAT!
LIGHNING.jpg

Ugh, lots of goals scored in both game 1's. Hopefully the Bolts shake it off, they only need 1 win in NY I think and then they can win in 5.
I feel like they have a history of getting crushed in game 1 after an extended rest. As an aside the side popout is making me crazy

This guy is my favourite goaltender of all time! :)

100_0014.JPG

Back