Prime Guard POF-111 New C&P

Yeetage
1000009630.jpg

No only Fram..he now buys the MG version of the PGs
I'm dropping Motorcraft (made by M+H/Purolator) for many reasons and going with MicroGard Select for my Coyote. Getting better filter efficiency than the Motorcarft and no closed off louvers with the swap ... win-win. And I'm dropping the Ultra because I don't want louvers anymore. I'll use up the 3 OG Ultras I have left. I could care less about wavy pleats after use. Wide pleats tear ... wavy pleats don't. That should be the new BITOG slogan. 😄

I'm dropping Motorcraft (made by M+H/Purolator) for many reasons and going with MicroGard Select for my Coyote. Getting better filter efficiency than the Motorcarft and no closed off louvers with the swap ... win-win. And I'm dropping the Ultra because I don't want louvers anymore. I'll use up the 3 OG Ultras I have left. I could care less about wavy pleats after use. Wide pleats tear ... wavy pleats don't. That should be the new BITOG slogan. 😄
What efficiency rating does a filter have to have for you to use it, or what rating do you find sufficient in your opinion?

My low end cut-off is 95% @ 20, which would be around 99% @ 25u.
For my Ram I’ve got one more Mopar filter to use before I switch to the STP XL, but I also like the Micro Guard Select. Both are 99% but the STP is rated at 20 microns. Though I’m not sure if it would make a difference at all in engine life with 20 vs 25.

For my Ram I’ve got one more Mopar filter to use before I switch to the STP XL, but I also like the Micro Guard Select. Both are 99% but the STP is rated at 20 microns. Though I’m not sure if it would make a difference at all in engine life with 20 vs 25.

Kind of a weird thing you touched on. Pentius and Premium Guard seem to source some of their filters from the same place, but Pentius claims 99% at 20 and PG 99% at 25. 🤷‍♂️

Typo, bragging or real thing I don’t know but I am more inclined to believe PG.

At least they aren’t advertising 99 percent dirt holding power!

Kind of a weird thing you touched on. Pentius and Premium Guard seem to source some of their filters from the same place, but Pentius claims 99% at 20 and PG 99% at 25. 🤷‍♂️

Typo, bragging or real thing I don’t know but I am more inclined to believe PG.

At least they aren’t advertising 99 percent dirt holding power!
Would be nice to see how close to their claims they actually perform.

Back