2017+ Audi A4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bobdoo
My 2006 pos Audi pos A4 pos blew the engine.

Twice.

Out of warranty.

It was driven only during warm months, and most trips were my 1 hour country highway (55mph) commute.

As you can guess by my posting on BITOG, I was religious in changing oil and filter, and the engine and cabin filters, too.

I *knew* that I was making a mistake when I bought it, but had some cash to blow. At least I had the presence of mind to hold on to my 2000 Outback.

I had a similar experience with a B6 A4. I think the new ones are better, at least the people I know who have newer models don't have the horror stories that so many had early on with the early to mid 2000s models.

Originally Posted by CBR.worm
Originally Posted by bobdoo
My 2006 pos Audi pos A4 pos blew the engine.

Twice.

Out of warranty.

It was driven only during warm months, and most trips were my 1 hour country highway (55mph) commute.

As you can guess by my posting on BITOG, I was religious in changing oil and filter, and the engine and cabin filters, too.

I *knew* that I was making a mistake when I bought it, but had some cash to blow. At least I had the presence of mind to hold on to my 2000 Outback.

I had a similar experience with a B6 A4. I think the new ones are better, at least the people I know who have newer models don't have the horror stories that so many had early on with the early to mid 2000s models.

Early to mid-2000 horror stories were related to two things:
1. VW wrong oil recommendations, and of course, they still struggle to put in manual correctly which oils customers should use.
2. Generally lack of maintenance by owners.

I had in Passat that engine, and it was a gem.

My 2000 A4 1.8T caught fire while on I-95 returning home from my birthday celebration, 9mm in the glove box. Thankfully, the only drama was the car fire. It couldn't be determined what the cause was. That was my last Audi. Would i get a new one? No, but oddly enough i would give VW another try.

Originally Posted by wemay
My 2000 A4 1.8T caught fire while on I-95 returning home from my birthday celebration, 9mm in the glove box. Thankfully, the only drama was the car fire. It couldn't be determined what the cause was. That was my last Audi. Would i get a new one? No, but oddly enough i would give VW another try.

I had brand new Honda Accord bursting right in front of me on I5 in LA. Something started fire under the hood. How fast that fire spread was amazing. Luckily I always have extinguisher in the car so I sprayed on the guy who I think still could not believe what was happening as he was sitting inside. His wife though bailed out and left him in no time
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back