Looking for some thoughts on vehicle selection.....

Bmw? They're fun and smooth and quiet but if you like having money you better fix it yourself, many people who work on BMWs charge a lot
I understand that completely. I have a K1600 bike. I can work on a bike, but the Krauts like to change it up enough that there is a new learning curve!

I only see chipped diesel trucks going fast 0-60 light to light. Nobody else.

just fast acceleration Gets old fast. Need many inputs to make the driving experience.

But I would not refuse a clean V-Caddy with a 6M trans if in that market. Maybe I should drive one first before commenting - and committing! LOL
I am all down with the manual transmission! While I have usually steered clear of the American cars, I do have to admit, the Caddy is intriguing enough for me to have it on my radar.

I'm cool with that!
The GS is a great car. RWD baby! Dependable as can be. Comfortable. The F Sport is the one you want.
1688316752231.jpg

1688316792018.jpg

I have an 06" ACura TSX that uses Premium. 300K+ miles on the old girl. Now, I'd prefer regular, but I'm used to Premium. Insurance is always a factor, but at my age, driving record, credit score, blah, blah, it doesn't roll too much either way. My new BMW K1600 Grand America bike runs me 230 a year with virtually maxed out coverage. The kids hate that I have a bike and three vehicles and it costs me less then they pay for one car. The only virtue of growing old I guess!!
You've got a fine bike. My best half had an '07 TSX and loved it. In '17 she got an ILX when someone totaled her TSX. Otherwise she'd still be driving the TSX I'm sure. Don't care for the ILX as much as the TSX though. But I've turned into an SUV guy. I'd be Lexus RX or Acura RDX or the Mustang if I went to a car.

I have an 06" ACura TSX that uses Premium. 300K+ miles on the old girl. Now, I'd prefer regular, but I'm used to Premium. Insurance is always a factor, but at my age, driving record, credit score, blah, blah, it doesn't roll too much either way. My new BMW K1600 Grand America bike runs me 230 a year with virtually maxed out coverage. The kids hate that I have a bike and three vehicles and it costs me less then they pay for one car. The only virtue of growing old I guess!!
The 1st gen TSX is a great car. Here's ours, with only 218K. I would drive it anywhere. I never even chack the oil.
1688318907643.jpg

The 1st gen TSX is a great car. Here's ours, with only 218K. I would drive it anywhere. I never even chack the oil.
Same here. Anywhere! That's the one thing that keeps my eye on the TLX as a contender. The 2.4 K engine has to be one of the best motors ever made. This car will just not break!

2021 Passsat R Line?
Poseur car. r look's but not much r. Then ... autobox. That is an insane price for a used passat.

Might be a comfortable cruiser - sort of Buick-ish.

Not wild about that MQB platform in lesser forms; I had it in my Jetta. This surely must be a better car than a Jetta though, and Steve likes his Arteon ( I think).

Not knocking you proposal Wrench. just random thoughts heard aloud this rainy Monday morning..

Oh! the sun is out now!

Tennessean is believin'

Poseur car. r look's but not much r. Then ... autobox. That is an insane price for a used passat.

Might be a comfortable cruiser - sort of Buick-ish.

Not wild about that MQB platform in lesser forms; I had it in my Jetta. This surely must be a better car than a Jetta though, and Steve likes his Arteon ( I think).

Not knocking you proposal Wrench. just random thoughts heard aloud this rainy Monday morning..

Oh! the sun is out now!

Tennessean is believin"
I guess Arteon was my lead clue. Also I did not think manual was requirement......oh well.....at least it does not have a CVT......:rolleyes:

I am all down with the manual transmission! While I have usually steered clear of the American cars, I do have to admit, the Caddy is intriguing enough for me to have it on my radar.
Do you prefer a manual? That would eliminate over 80% of the suggestions and put you solidly where I was sitting 3 months ago...basically same criteria I had. I ended up with a '19 GLI.

Do you prefer a manual? That would eliminate over 80% of the suggestions and put you solidly where I was sitting 3 months ago...basically same criteria I had. I ended up with a '19 GLI.
Notice any severe wheelhop in the rain with that? Wondering if that's just due to the soft motor mounts on the base cars. ... At lest you got an upgrade from the base's twist beam in the rear.

If you want affordable MT not a lot of choices unless you go vintage sports car.
The Sporty Hyundia and Kia seem to be all taken up quickly.

Notice any severe wheelhop in the rain with that? Wondering if that's just due to the soft motor mounts on the base cars. ... At lest you got an upgrade from the base's twist beam in the rear.
No, the GLIs get the VAQ lsd from the GTI up front which allows the power to be handled well. Your experience could be tire-related too.

You can get a low mileage Challenger with a manual in that price range. Found a 2010 SRT8 for $32k and it only has 16,000 miles. Put some quiet mufflers on it, de badge it, and everyone will think you’re just another V6 model 😉

An Audi would be on my short list as well.

I can't recommend enough a Mazda Miata. Great fun to drive. Very reliable and easy to maintain. Excellent fuel economy. Beautiful to look at IMO, especially in soul red. Did I mention great fun to drive. This was my late 50's, "something special" car. I still look forward to hopping in it every time I drive.

Here's a few from a local well regarded place. They also received in a '11 Mazda Speed 3, black, manual, 133k for 10k. No pics yet since it's being detailed.
22383_6031_72368.jpg
22383_6031_72382.jpg
22383_5770_67068.jpg
22383_5770_67062.jpg
22383_5770_67063.jpg
22383_5770_67060.jpg

I can't recommend enough a Mazda Miata. Great fun to drive. Very reliable and easy to maintain. Excellent fuel economy. Beautiful to look at IMO, especially in soul red. Did I mention great fun to drive. This was my late 50's, "something special" car. I still look forward to hopping in it every time I drive.
I can't fit in that car. 6'4.

Back