16,106mi M1-212A failure C&P

I'll look into the silicon for sure. Intake seems well sealed from dirt but I'll check for sure. Thanks for the insight!
Look for signs of any dust on the walls of the intake tract after the air filter. Look downstream of the filter in the dark using a strong flashlight, makes it easier to see a light dust coating if any is there.

Look for signs of any dust on the walls of the intake tract after the air filter. Look downstream of the filter in the dark using a strong flashlight, makes it easier to see a light dust coating if any is there.
Will do. I have looked and it looks clean but without a flashlight. Hopefully the universal averages can be updated next time around for the 4.3L instead of the 5.3L as well.

This thread makes me want to just use my OLM and use the manufacturer-recommended filter (pf48) with the cheapest oil that meets the GM spec (5w-30 dexos). When it comes to extended performance oils and filters, I am not convinced the juice is worth the squeeze. I'll just change my dang oil a little more often!!

Back