An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the U.S.,a million babies a year are cut apart in their mother's womb.

Yet you all are outraged over a dead lion a half a world away...lol

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Jimmy Kimmel's got it covered for me. Not Doctor Jekyll's first illegal/shady hunting act either.

And his two Zimbabwean guides have been arrested for illegally hunting Cecil.

+1

There's also something about a law suit and settlement for sexually harassing his receptionist.

That reminds me. I need to see the Doctor about a filling. Right. That's what people say. All the time.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
There is legal hunting in Colorado for various animals such as elk, deer, beer, etc.

I'm all in for hunting the beer. LOL

IMO, the two local guides bare the brunt of the blame here. He hired them to take him to a location to fill his $50,000+ lion tag that was legally obtained. Imagine yourself flying to another country and having to rely on other people to show you where to hunt. As long as the baiting of animals is not illegal at that location, he did nothing wrong. If it is, he should be pay the price. Political correctness once again raises its ugly head.

Do all of you feel the same way about baiting a deer (where legal) in whitetail archery season? And Kimmel needs to get a grip....

With all of that said, I am a hunter and do not like the practice of head-hunting. I don't think an animal should be killed if it is not going to be used as food...period.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017

Do all of you feel the same way about baiting a deer (where legal) in whitetail archery season? And Kimmel needs to get a grip....

With all of that said, I am a hunter and do not like the practice of head-hunting. I don't think an animal should be killed if it is not going to be used as food.

There are places where deer hunting is necessary for population control. They breed like crazy and are dangerous animals when then wander onto the roadways.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

With all of that said, I am a hunter and do not like the practice of head-hunting. I don't think an animal should be killed if it is not going to be used as food.

There are places where deer hunting is necessary for population control. They breed like crazy and are dangerous animals when then wander onto the roadways.

Or they starve to death which is a horrific scene.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Or they starve to death which is a horrific scene.

Well that too, PA in winter is rough for them. I think people are mostly upset that this was strictly a trophy kill, they decapitated and stripped the animal leaving the carcass behind after they got their trophies.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Joel_MD said:
[

Calling a dentist a doctor.

This guy has done damage to people who love animals and nature all over the world. And I hope he never recovers from it. Were talking taking a leak on his grave kinda stuff here.

I call my dentist a doctor because that's what he is. Now tell us how he has "done damage" to people who love animals and nature. Actionable damage ? Like they can sue him because their feelings are hurt ? Some people's self rightgeousness is pretty appalling

I have nothing against hunting including trophy hunting. However I deplore "canned" hunts and disagree with bow hunting. Yeah, I know you have to get closer with a bow but I feel it is only fair to make a clean fast kill and not make an animal suffer as must do when shot with an arrow, especially something larger than a whitetail deer. He should have gone into the long grass with a suitable caliber rifle and hunted it at what one of my favorite authors, Peter Hathaway Capstick used to call "halitosis range".

Originally Posted By: Trav
There is legal hunting in Colorado for various animals such as elk, deer, beer, etc.

Bear is spelled with an "a".

Beer is spelled with an "e"

cheers3.gif

You having some trouble with spelling or comprehension Benito? It is flash mob. Look it up on Google. Or since you were asking advice about Bing vs Google, look it up on both those search engines and compare.

Flash mob is spelled with an 'a.'

Flesh is spelled with an 'e.'

Thanks Trav! I think I would rather hunt the beer! Deer has a gamy taste anyway, although a guy told me just to use 7-UP on it. Elk is pretty good. Bison is good. Never have eaten bear (or beer!) meat!

There's also something about a law suit and settlement for sexually harassing his receptionist.

That reminds me. I need to see the Doctor about a filling. Right. That's what people say. All the time.

You're mixing up 2 things. One is a profession, one is a Title.

You don't greet your Real Estate Broker as Hello Broker Palmer.

Same here!! It's over 100 here today and I'm THIRSTY!!
10.gif

Deer has a gamy taste anyway,

I used to hunt deer with bow and arrow in an area where the deer tended to bed in bean and corn fields and were without much in the way of predators (a very, very sparse population of coyotes). Those animals were unlike any other deer I have ever had: thick layer of bean or corn-inspired fat over tender, hardly used muscle.

In stark contrast, deer taken from other areas where food is not so plentiful and predators a' plenty were hardly the same meat.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Deer has a gamy taste anyway,

I used to hunt deer with bow and arrow in an area where the deer tended to bed in bean and corn fields and were without much in the way of predators (a very, very sparse population of coyotes). Those animals were unlike any other deer I have ever had: thick layer of bean or corn-inspired fat over tender, hardly used muscle.

In stark contrast, deer taken from other areas where food is not so plentiful and predators a' plenty were hardly the same meat.

I have heard that if deer eat a lot of grass they taste a lot better. But where I live they eat sage brush and stuff like that. Elk meat tastes pretty good. It has been a long while since I had some elk meat. Bison is really good. We get bison meat occasionally. Ever have elk or bison?

Who I have been doing this all wrong for 69 years calling my Dentist who has a Doctorate In Dentistry a Dr. Who would have thought. I guess I will address my Dentist now as Dentist Selbe. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back