Cars.com $27K mid-size sedan comparo. Camry Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I rent this family of cars regularly. I disagree wholeheartedly with the stated results. Period.

Once these cars get a few miles on them, in typical rental use, the true quality really shows. The Sonata is a car I try to avoid, and there is NO WAY, I'd rank it at the top.

The Fusion is a nice car, but it too shows it's shortcomings after a few miles. And clearly falls short of Accord/Camry feel at 30-40K miles. In fact the Accord Sport is, in many ways, light years ahead of the others. It's that good.

I rent them often as well and they ALL wear the same to me. I have not rented the newer 2015 Sonata though. I also visit Trinidad & Tobago often. The predominant cars on the road are Hyundai and Subaru. The roads in TNT are very poor with a lot of hills and terrible traffic in the city. These cars hold up extremely well and after many years of abuse, still ride with a nice taught feel and solid cabin. I'm sure the other's would as well.

Last edited:
I rent this family of cars regularly. I disagree wholeheartedly with the stated results. Period.

Once these cars get a few miles on them, in typical rental use, the true quality really shows. The Sonata is a car I try to avoid, and there is NO WAY, I'd rank it at the top.

The Fusion is a nice car, but it too shows it's shortcomings after a few miles. And clearly falls short of Accord/Camry feel at 30-40K miles. In fact the Accord Sport is, in many ways, light years ahead of the others. It's that good.

Did you drive the Mazda 6 too?
How would you rate it compare to the others?

I would guess a lot of their categories are kind of splitting hairs with these cars.

I did find it amusing though that the Altima ranked so low in the handling and acceleration categories, given all of their "Altima = race car" commercials.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I did find it amusing though that the Altima ranked so low in the handling and acceleration categories, given all of their "Altima = race car" commercials.

That's because they are only talking about the power of their 3.5 liter V-6 in that case.

Besides, don't forget that the Camry is Grounded to the Ground, according to their commercials.

At least the Hyundai commercial a few years back just simply had a guy smiling in his 2.0T. They weren't making ridiculous claims, and it resonated with the audience. More people started visiting Hyundai dealerships for test drives after that commercial started airing.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Pesca
I rent this family of cars regularly.

Did you drive the Mazda 6 too?
How would you rate it compare to the others?

The "6" is one of my favorites, mostly due to driving dynamics. It's clearly more of a drivers car. Mazda does a very good job keeping their cars from being so numb. I enjoy driving, so any car that is "fun" is OK with me.

Interior quality is nice on all of these cars, and manufacturers now do a good job hiding the "cheap" stuff. However, I'm not sure the "6" has the best interior of the bunch. I suppose it depends on trim level. I'd give that honor to the Accord Sport.

I had a Malibu for the last two weeks. I disagree with their:
Quote:
Finally, perhaps the biggest complaint about the Malibu was noise. "There's a [censored] of a lot of noise," Amit said while driving. "The tires are exceptionally noisy," Wiesenfelder said. And given how quiet the engine gets when it shuts off because of the stop-start mode, the "contrast doesn't flatter the car," he said.

It's a quiet car. I have no idea what tires they had, but the one I've been driving is very quiet. They did the door seals wrong (dirt-holding felt-like seal is an outer seal), but the car is quiet.

My dislikes: never could get comfortable in the seat. Distortion in the mirror and rear glass made cars look taller and thinner than in real life. Too many bong noises. Seat belt material always had to be pulled stiffly through buckle prior to fastening. Blind spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back