Mobil one extended performance 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much better is this oil than the regular Mobil One Synthetic oil? I bought some at Wallyworld and the price was the same for both oils. Is this oil comparable to the Toyota synthetic oil? Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't seen an analysis of it yet, but if it bears the same relationship as all the other EP oils to the non-EP equivalents, it should be very good. Its more tailored to extended usage, so dumping it before ~9000-10000 miles is a waste. I tend to go for the EPs whenever the price is the same. A more interesting comparison would be to see how it stacks up against 0w20 AFE.

Mobil markets EP as the top-of-the-line oil. AFE is marketed as being just beneath that, and regular M1 as below that.

Supposedly the additive packs in EP & AFE are similar, with EP's being geared more towards long oil change intervals. If you aren't planning to run it for 10k or more, just stick with AFE or regular M1.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Mobil markets EP as the top-of-the-line oil. AFE is marketed as being just beneath that, and regular M1 as below that.

Supposedly the additive packs in EP & AFE are similar, with EP's being geared more towards long oil change intervals. If you aren't planning to run it for 10k or more, just stick with AFE or regular M1.

+1.....My last OCI on M-1 0w20 AFE was at 9,200.

According to tig (a Mobil user for eons), 0w20 AFE can easily do 10K, and he believes even more. But to be safe, his OCI's are at 10K, and that would be my limit as well.

For those of you who are into even longer OCI's, EP in combination with a Fram Ultra filter would be perfect for up to 15K.

There is a VOA recently posted on M-1 0w20 EP.

For long OCI's, IMO, there is not a better combination of oil and filter than M-1 0w20 AFE or EP and a Fram ULTRA filter. The AFE can easily do up to 10K, and the EP up to 15K.

As its been said before....M-1 oils are state of the art, but must be used for long OCI's to get the full benefit from them.

Most grades and flavors of M1 are no more state of the art than are oils from other blenders claiming similar specs.
If I could buy EP for the same price as vanilla M1, I'd buy EP.
OTOH, there are arguably better oils out there at the same price point for the astute.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Which oils are better than M1 0W40 at the same price point ?

Haven't seen any! IF there are, then I'd be using it as part of the Caterham Blend with TGMO or Mobil 1 0W-20.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Which oils are better than M1 0W40 at the same price point ?

I used the modifier "arguably".
Arguably, Edge 0W-40.
I'm tempted to mention a couple of Pennzoil products, but since you can't find them on a shelf at Walmart, they aren't going to be at the same price point.
If I had a car requiring current Euro spec oil, I'd probably just use M1 0W-40 since it is arguably the best M1 product, is readily available at very reasonable prices and has proven to work very well in actual use.

Red Line 0W-40 is not too far from the retail/list price of the M1 which is what one pays for it when not on sale on the shelf at Peppies or Vato Zone/Advanced/elsewhere (IF one is not concerned with specs/licenses/certs/etc.).
wink.gif

But of course this is a moot point until Sino Mart goes out of business.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

If I could buy EP for the same price as vanilla M1, I'd buy EP.
OTOH, there are arguably better oils out there at the same price point for the astute.

fdgc27: M-1 0w20 is now available in the EP flavor.....and the good news its priced the same as plain vanilla 0w20 AFE ....at WalMart of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back