Teen girls wearing skimpy dresses out in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my nephew's high school graduation ceremony and I noticed many teenage girls 14-18 year olds wearing very skimpy dresses and platform high heel shoes.

The dress barely covers their chest and butt, thats how little fabric the dress had. There is no way in [censored] if I had a daughter(s) I would let them leave the house looking like Kim Kardashian.
confused2.gif

Is this just a south FL fashion style type of thing...
or do teen girls in other parts of the country dress like a stripper going to a job interview at the Kitty Kat Club ????
confused2.gif

I can understand a woman in her 20's dressing like that if they go out to Miami Beach on a Saturday night with friends, but not teen girls 14-18 years old. I should have taken pictures but people probably would think I was some old pervert looking at teen girls. It was sad just how bad some of the girls looked.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Can you post some pictures so we can how skimpy these dresses were?
wink.gif

Yes without pictures can't really form an opinion.Hurry up.

Sorry no pictures. If I did snap pictures some would call the police and report an old perverted man snapping pictures of girls.

The sad part is, their father was with them and allowed their daughter to dress like a prostitute.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I went to my nephew's high school graduation ceremony and I noticed many teenage girls 14-18 year olds wearing very skimpy dresses and platform high heel shoes.

The dress barely covers their chest and butt, thats how little fabric the dress had. There is no way in [censored] if I had a daughter(s) I would let them leave the house looking like Kim Kardashian.
confused2.gif

Is this just a south FL fashion style type of thing...
or do teen girls in other parts of the country dress like a stripper going to a job interview at the Kitty Kat Club ????
confused2.gif

I can understand a woman in her 20's dressing like that if they go out to Miami Beach on a Saturday night with friends, but not teen girls 14-18 years old. I should have taken pictures but people probably would think I was some old pervert looking at teen girls. It was sad just how bad some of the girls looked.

Ain't it great?

As a recent college graduate...I'll miss the incoming freshmen trying to impress lol

Same everywhere. High School girls come through my business. I think what's worse than the way they dress, is the filthy garbage that comes out of their mouth.

A few of us old NCOs were standing around in the smoking area one day "inspecting" the (female) troops.

One guy pipes up with the answer to life, "You know, we'll just get older and crustier, but the 1-stripers will always be 19."

Yeah, ain't it grand!

It's the same up here...was helping a friend cater a high school banquet and the majority of the girls were dressed like that. I agreee with you...it's scary.

Sorry no pictures. If I did snap pictures some would call the police and report an old perverted man snapping pictures of girls.

The sad part is, their father was with them and allowed their daughter to dress like a prostitute.

Trust me...I have 3 daughters...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure they dress a bit riskay. But, girls today are very different (at least mine are) when it comes to what they will "allow" boys to do. These kids have all grown up with AIDS, Herpes, HPV, etc. etc. So while there may be a lot of "show" there is much less "go".

My daughter is half Chinese and half Caucasian and boys in the park are already kissing her and giving her grubby flowers.

This is going to be a lifelong problem I imagine.

Hang in there, there have to be a few strong men out there that raise the future girlfriends, wives and mothers of the World.

Well, you can be sure that I won't be fixing the doorbell. Ever.

Originally Posted By: Doog

Trust me...I have 3 daughters...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure they dress a bit riskay. But, girls today are very different (at least mine are) when it comes to what they will "allow" boys to do. These kids have all grown up with AIDS, Herpes, HPV, etc. etc. So while there may be a lot of "show" there is much less "go".

^This^

A hundred years ago if a girl showed her ankles or shoulders it was risqué. It is a matter of perspective. I am very conservative but I think the more provocative style of today is embraced more for the sake of fitting in rather than any real increase in sexual promiscuity.

Parents learn to pick and choose their battles. Boundaries are important but at some point you have to ask if wearing a tank top in public is worth drawing any lines in the sand over. The most well adjusted and well-behaved young adults I know are the ones who treat their parents with respect because they recognize that their parents respect them. That respect usually translates into a desire to live up to their parents expectations and brings their behavior more in line with what they know their parents expect.

Beyond a "certain age" you are a DOM for looking, unless you are driving an expensive German car. (or bike, I've noticed - with a full face helmet on and if you stay in shape....)

I went back through my college gym for a sporting event and was floored to see large signs of what is appropriate gym attire. Back in college girls wore loose fitting shirts and sweats.

Now my eyes were in a different world. I don't think dress is worst or better though just different.

I have two daughters(5 & 7) and just block the the thoughts of these things. I definitely shelter them against the world for better or worst.

Originally Posted By: apwillard1986

A hundred years ago if a girl showed her ankles or shoulders it was risqué. It is a matter of perspective. I am very conservative but I think the more provocative style of today is embraced more for the sake of fitting in rather than any real increase in sexual promiscuity.

And back in those days "a 100 years ago" girls got married at the age of 13/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back