Teen girls wearing skimpy dresses out in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Sorry no pictures. If I did snap pictures some would call the police and report an old perverted man snapping pictures of girls.

The sad part is, their father was with them and allowed their daughter to dress like a prostitute.

Trust me...I have 3 daughters...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure they dress a bit riskay. But, girls today are very different (at least mine are) when it comes to what they will "allow" boys to do. These kids have all grown up with AIDS, Herpes, HPV, etc. etc. So while there may be a lot of "show" there is much less "go".

I'm not expecting teen girls to dress like if they are on the TV show Little House on the Prairie...

but I would expect *most* female teens would have some self respect and not have their chest and butt popping out of their skimpy tiny, itty-bitty dress.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
As a recent college graduate...I'll miss the incoming freshmen trying to impress lol

Aren't they the most pathetic?

Sorry no pictures. If I did snap pictures some would call the police and report an old perverted man snapping pictures of girls.
The sad part is, their father was with them and allowed their daughter to dress like a prostitute.

Trust me...I have 3 daughters...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure they dress a bit riskay. But, girls today are very different (at least mine are) when it comes to what they will "allow" boys to do. These kids have all grown up with AIDS, Herpes, HPV, etc. etc. So while there may be a lot of "show" there is much less "go".

I'm not expecting teen girls to dress like if they are on the TV show Little House on the Prairie...
but I would expect *most* female teens would have some self respect and not have their chest and butt popping out of their skimpy tiny, itty-bitty dress.

you where young. your sweetheart was young.
fashion comes and goes. (i was floored at the skimpy little skirts from my mom's photos from 40 years ago)
let's talk again about the same girls (evolved into women) in 10 years.
no need for harsh language.

I just graduated high school, and even in central Illinois, the girls are a bit dressed up on a daily basis. I wonder what most of their parents think. In fact, Junior year, one girl told me her mother was a prostitute and never cared what her daughter wore in public. And also, she was the girl who posted pictures of herself having sex with some guy on Facebook. She was suspended from school for a few days.

Now gentlemen its not 1940/50. [censored] what the wore in the 20s wasn't all that different than today's styling.

Personally, I get a good chuckle out of all the girls pretending to be women, even if the women they are pretending to be are apparently a bit whorish.

But who I am I talk, I met my wife in the middle of the street kn Halloween, and sge was dressed particularly slurry and was 17. I was in my 20s and wearing makeup... so who am I to talk.

She's quite the conservative dresser the majority of the time. And certainly would never wish to appear slutty in public.

But as for the claim that there Is a lot less go and merely more go... I'm sorry, the majority of young women these days will do things that would make a prostitutes from the 50s blush.

I kept my number quite low by being in long relationships back to back, but in the few periods where I wasn't involved with dating material, good god man...... literally EVERYTHING is on the table.

As my uncle said when we informed him a pack of "women" he kept glancing at was actually 14-15... "they didn't make em like that when I was your age."

I'm glad I'm not still young enough Tp glance at the jailbait, I would have an equal time discerning what's legal and what isn't.

Lol isn't it great? As someone close to that age though, I agree with most of the sentiment in this thread. It's not that they are more "active". it's definitely more for show. That being said, fortunately my high school freshman sister never wears anything but normal jeans and a t-shirt/jacket.

It's more for show, "if you got it, flaunt it" mentality. In high school and college, it's common knowledge who dresses like that for show and who dresses like that for other reasons.

If we made everyone dress 'provocative' at least once per week, maybe the obesity problem would diminish.
Food for thought
wink.gif

Funny...the gals (Tellers) at my bank commonly wear very low cut shirts/dresses etc showing crack. Its very difficult not to look or notice. We all know we have a devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other but yea it does feel uneasy and somewhat perverted looking at them dressed like that....BUT!!...my wife tells me those bank tellers WANT YOU TO LOOK!!!

I think a lot depends on the girls self-esteem/self worth. If she doesn't feel valuable, she will try to compensate.

It's not a gender issue. Guys do the same thing. Buy a flashy car to compensate for some perceived shortcoming.

Not saying all are compensating. Some just like flashy cars or flashing some skin.

Heck, I had a late teens/early 20's gal at the coffee shop last night chatting me up and I have kids her age (one with me) so taking care of yourself does matter.

I was in running shorts and a dry-fit shirt and must have been rocking the bicycling legs
smile.gif

Pretty good ego boost for someone in their late 40's
smile.gif

Edited to add, no tip jar since it was part of the book store, so she wasn't angling for a better tip!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
If we made everyone dress 'provocative' at least once per week, maybe the obesity problem would diminish.
Food for thought
wink.gif

we have a winner!

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Food for thought
wink.gif

Or everyone would need fitting for beer goggles.
cheers3.gif

Twenty years ago my parents were trying to find my 12-ish year old sister a dress for church. I say 12 because "not quite fully grown." They looked all over the town and they were all nightclub style dresses. Then they finally found something dowdy enough at (drumroll) Sears!!!

I think our culture is a bit careless with sexuality. A Dad is the one who can instruct his daughters about dressing to not incite the hormones of 700 teens (or young adults or DOM's too.
56.gif
). Girls are not the visual creatures we are - nor are packing an overflowing abundance of testosterone.

Originally Posted By: NJC
A Dad is the one who can instruct his daughters about dressing to not incite the hormones of 700 teens

Is that even possible? I remember my teen years.

Very, very true. And when things do happen, the amount of "safety" that is being used tends to be a lot higher today than even the early '90s. There's a reason teen pregnancy rates have actually DROPPED even though teen sexual intercourse has pretty much stayed the same.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: NJC
A Dad is the one who can instruct his daughters about dressing to not incite the hormones of 700 teens

Is that even possible? I remember my teen years.

Burka?
48.gif

There can be a reasonable assembly of dress that keeps the important bits - well, not so noticeable.

I went to my nephew's high school graduation ceremony and I noticed many teenage girls 14-18 year olds wearing very skimpy dresses and platform high heel shoes.

The dress barely covers their chest and butt, thats how little fabric the dress had. There is no way in [censored] if I had a daughter(s) I would let them leave the house looking like Kim Kardashian.
confused2.gif

Is this just a south FL fashion style type of thing...
or do teen girls in other parts of the country dress like a stripper going to a job interview at the Kitty Kat Club ????
confused2.gif

I can understand a woman in her 20's dressing like that if they go out to Miami Beach on a Saturday night with friends, but not teen girls 14-18 years old. I should have taken pictures but people probably would think I was some old pervert looking at teen girls. It was sad just how bad some of the girls looked.

My two little girls are 28 and 26. I can assure you they NEVER looked like that in public.

I have a niece who is 12 and one of the prettiest little girls you have ever seen, her parents would never allow such a thing either.

That's poor parenting.

A few weeks back several girls on there way to prom stopped in the retail store I work in in the evening to show themselves off to their mom.

Noticing these girls dressed to the hilt I had to go up front and get a closer look. The girls dresses were very revealing. Showing lots of cleavage and leg. But the thing I noticed most were the tattoo's that all of the girls had. Tat's on the arms, neck, upper and lower back, I was amazed. And these girls were probably 16 or 17.

I went to prom in 1983 and girls did NOT look like this!!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I went to my nephew's high school graduation ceremony and I noticed many teenage girls 14-18 year olds wearing very skimpy dresses and platform high heel shoes.

The dress barely covers their chest and butt, thats how little fabric the dress had. There is no way in [censored] if I had a daughter(s) I would let them leave the house looking like Kim Kardashian.
confused2.gif

Is this just a south FL fashion style type of thing...
or do teen girls in other parts of the country dress like a stripper going to a job interview at the Kitty Kat Club ????
confused2.gif

I can understand a woman in her 20's dressing like that if they go out to Miami Beach on a Saturday night with friends, but not teen girls 14-18 years old. I should have taken pictures but people probably would think I was some old pervert looking at teen girls. It was sad just how bad some of the girls looked.

My two little girls are 28 and 26. I can assure you they NEVER looked like that in public.

I have a niece who is 12 and one of the prettiest little girls you have ever seen, her parents would never allow such a thing either.

That's poor parenting.

AMEN SteveSRT8!!!!!!!!

I am not going to quote any person in particular here as I am making a general comment on a modern day philosophy/attitude when it comes to kids that just disgusts me. Something was said in this thread that I have heard before that is a prime example of this modern day apathy parents have when it comes to their kids. When I hear this stuff it sets my teeth on edge. That would be to "pick your battles" when it comes to your kids.
33.gif

That is the biggest pile of horse dung I have ever heard. YOU are the parent and they are the kid. What you say goes. Period and end of story. If you choose not to stand firm you are in effect condoning poor and unacceptable behavior because you do not have the resolve and back bone to set guidelines and rules for your kids and enforce them. It is what is wrong with this country today. No one will simply say that is unacceptable and you will not do it. Too easy to disapprove but allow it anyway.

If you think your teenage daughter dressing like a prostitute is ok that is your decision and is a different conversation. However, when you say it isn't a battle you want to fight, to me, that says you don't approve but you don't want to get into a hassle about it. THAT is just so screwed up it isn't funny.

Not allowing your teenage daughter to dress like a hoochie momma IS a battle you should want to fight. There is only ONE reason to dress like the girls the OP talks of dress and that is to attract boys and be sexual. That is NOT acceptable for a teenager. It shouldn't be anyway.

Sorry to rant. I just lose my mind when I hear people talking about something not being a battle they want to fight with their kids. That is a cop out and it is just wrong. Be the adult you are and make them be the kids they are.

Nuff said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back